Author Topic: Documenting project colors for Qualifying meets  (Read 16798 times)

Paul

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
Re: Documenting project colors for Qualifying meets
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2018, 09:24:38 PM »
  I can assure everyone that there was never a show with 4 self blue of each class before the prequalifying meet in Shawnee, OK. in Dec. 2016!  The most I ever remember seeing was about 8 head at one of the national meets several years ago.

There was only 1 LF splash C shown, 5 splash bantams-2 pullets, 1 cockerel, 1 hen and 1 cock.  There were 23 self blue bantams-8 pullets, 5 cockerels, 8 hens and 2 cocks.  This show was two cocks short of qualifying for a prequalifying meet.  My memory isn't that good-I checked my show records.  LOL!
Paul Smith

Susan Mouw

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
    • Sand Castles Farm
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2018, 05:23:30 PM »
My apologies. I didn't mean that we could have circumvented the prequalifying meets with self-blue large fowl.  It was obvious from the history we did have that there were not sufficient numbers for the APA to grant us the go-ahead straight to the qualifying meets.

I guess what I meant to say, and just did a poor job of it, is if we start keeping those records now for self-blue bantam, and splash, large fowl and bantam, we might can shorten the life cycle of the approval time for those.
Susan Mouw
Sand Castles Farm
http://www.sandcastlesfarm.com

Paul

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2018, 08:36:59 AM »
  If I understand correctly, the paper that we filled out at both Shawnee, OK. and Knoxville, TN. must be filled out at any show that happens to have the 4, 4, 4, 4 requirement, and signed by the judge.
Paul Smith

Susan Mouw

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
    • Sand Castles Farm
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2018, 09:09:39 AM »
  If I understand correctly, the paper that we filled out at both Shawnee, OK. and Knoxville, TN. must be filled out at any show that happens to have the 4, 4, 4, 4 requirement, and signed by the judge.

Well, it certainly wouldn't hurt, but I just sent a report in of entries over the last few years, that accompanied our application for self-blue.  We have a pretty good relationship with Walt and the Standard Committee - if they have any questions, I'm sure they would just ask.

Susan Mouw
Sand Castles Farm
http://www.sandcastlesfarm.com

Sarah Meaders

• ABC Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2018, 05:38:39 AM »
Hello all,

I am interested in becoming involved in the bantam splash wheaten project and am wondering how many birds does that involve, housing you all use or recommend, and record keeping. Thanks!!

Hi Tiffany! The Splash Wheaten Project is in year three right now. We have a long ways to go! I am glad you are doing bantams because we don't seem to have as many bantam breeders as we do LF.

Right now we are doing several test breedings to learn some of the more head scratchers where the SW male phenotype is concerned. We have loads of "opinions" on what should be manifesting and what shouldn't, but not much science to back up anyone's opinions, including mine! So we are breaking ground there. This is going to be multiple years long.

I hope that this year solves a lot of mysterious and gets us closer to understanding the wheaten pattern with the homozygous Bl. Please feel free to ask any questions you have on what we have discovered thus far, read the articles on the SW FB page, or email me, FB message me and I will be glad to elaborate with pictures and our findings of the past two years! Welcome aboard!
Proclaim Yahweh's greatness with me! Let us exhale His name together! Psalm 34:3