Author Topic: Documenting project colors for Qualifying meets  (Read 16793 times)

Don

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
Documenting project colors for Qualifying meets
« on: December 31, 2013, 01:16:17 PM »
    from the membership form
This is NOT a place to list the varieties of Ameraucana that you own, but it is intended to be a reliable source of quality Ameraucana stock that you have for sale when available. The Breeders Directory can be viewed from the Home page of the club
Don Cash
Matthew 4:9

John

Re: Documenting project colors for Qualifying meets
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2013, 01:21:57 PM »
Bantam Lavender, 2005
Large Fowl Lavender, 2005

Don

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2014, 10:37:19 AM »
Working with very small numbers, with none to offer at this time, in the following project varieties

Lav bantam 2010
Birchen bantam 2012

LF.  Spash 2011
LF.  Splash Wheaten 2011
Don Cash

Beth C

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2014, 02:50:08 PM »
Lav LF 2010

Brett Bartee

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2014, 12:34:54 PM »
Currently have small flocks of each:

Black Mottled Ameraucana 2014
Lavender Ameraucana 2014

Jim Morris

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2017, 10:10:47 PM »
Don, are you looking for LF Splash Wheaten?

Peggy Taylor

• ABC Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2017, 08:06:53 PM »
Working with the following:

Large Fowl Splash Wheaten  2016
Bantam Splash Wheaten   2016
Black Mottled Large Fowl    2015
Self Blue Bantams  2016
Chocolate Bantams 2016

My numbers are so limited that I do not have anything available at this time.

Tiffiny Johnston Yoder

• ABC Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2018, 09:12:35 AM »
Hello all,

I am interested in becoming involved in the bantam splash wheaten project and am wondering how many birds does that involve, housing you all use or recommend, and record keeping. Thanks!!

Paul

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2018, 11:20:20 AM »
  The recognition process is a lengthy process which will require a lot of effort from many people who will commit to breeding them.  The first step is to acquire some and join the APA and ABA.
Paul Smith

Ernie Haire

• ABC Members
  • Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2018, 02:37:29 PM »
I am working with Splash Bantams now and would focus on LF when we decide to start working with getting them accepted. I realize that the Self Blues are our focus now, but thought that we agreed to work on Splash next. It could have been a misunderstanding on my part. Anyone who breeds Blues, can work with Splashes.

Ernie Haire
Poultry 2XL

Susan Mouw

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
    • Sand Castles Farm
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2018, 02:50:41 PM »
I am working with Splash Bantams now and would focus on LF when we decide to start working with getting them accepted. I realize that the Self Blues are our focus now, but thought that we agreed to work on Splash next. It could have been a misunderstanding on my part. Anyone who breeds Blues, can work with Splashes.

Ernie Haire
Poultry 2XL

You're right, Ernie.  Splash LF are next on the list.  I think we're waiting to get a little closer in the Self-Blue, though, before we start that journey, as many of the same folks involved with self-blue will be involved with splash and we don't want to overload anyone.
Susan Mouw
Sand Castles Farm
http://www.sandcastlesfarm.com

Don

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2018, 04:30:42 PM »
IMO we are not close with the Self Blue until we figure out a plan for the bantams and put this plan into action.  We need to work on both LF and bantams in a comparable process, somehow, some way.

Don Cash

Lindsay Helton

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2018, 06:30:18 PM »
IMO we are not close with the Self Blue until we figure out a plan for the bantams and put this plan into action.  We need to work on both LF and bantams in a comparable process, somehow, some way.

I agree Don. It would be good to work on approval of the large fowl and the bantam color varieties simultaneously. Perhaps when acceptance of the next color variety is petitioned, a few folks can be identified to lead the LF fowl effort, and a few folks can be identified to lead the bantam effort. It seems that many that raise the LF color varieties that we are seeking approval for do not raise them in bantams, and likewise many that raise the bantams do not raise LF.
Joshua 24:15

Paul

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2018, 06:59:31 PM »
  Hopefully we have learned from our mistake and can do both LF and Bantam splash at the same time.  Hopefully, we will not wait five years to be able to have 5 breeders who can sign an affidavit that they have bred the self blue bantams for 5 years while maintaining an APA membership, plus 2 years of prequalifying meets and 2 years of qualifying meets.  I'll be ready to start the splash recognition project within two years-while I'm still young enough to ride or drive-mostly ride-a long distance.  I think the bantam self blue recognition and splash recognition need to be simultaneously.
Paul Smith

Susan Mouw

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
    • Sand Castles Farm
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2018, 07:09:49 PM »
One of the reasons we had to go the two year pre-qualifying route with LF self-blue is because we didn't have good records of how many C-H-K-P were shown in the previous years.  If we had been able to establish that the appropriate numbers had been entered at the preceding shows, we might have been able to circumvent those two years.

Our meet report form doesn't require that the number of each sex entered be notated, but if we could remember to make a note of that for both self-blue and splash - in both bantam and large fowl - we might be able to cut that timeline down by half for future applications.

For example, I just finished a meet report for the Southwestern Exp - lots of birds there! - If you were there and can remember how many of each sex for both self-blue (bantam only) and splash (both bantam and large fowl), I would be happy to include it on our meet reports and then use it when we file for those applications.
Susan Mouw
Sand Castles Farm
http://www.sandcastlesfarm.com