Author Topic: Frizzle Project  (Read 2755 times)

Bear River Farm

Frizzle Project
« on: January 29, 2014, 02:09:38 PM »
Hello all.  We need some help.  Our eldest son Walter has decided he would like to "frizzle" some of his birds.  :-X  :o  :'( This would be a project for 4H and APA-ABA Youth club.  What frizzle should we use for our first cross?  We would like to try the bantams.  We have white, black, blue, splash, silver and can get some buffs.  My first idea was some bantam frizzle plymouth rocks so we can avoid feather legged (cochin) and crests (polish).  I have been unsuccessful in locating those so now I look to you all for input. 
Any information or frizzles would be appreciated.  :) Kristine Malcolm

Mike Gilbert

Re: Frizzle Project
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2014, 11:45:24 AM »
Frizzles have not proven very popular in any breed.   I would suggest you review the basic genetic components you would be dealing with before undertaking any project of this magnitude.   The Sellers website would be useful.   In my estimation the end result would not be worth the time (years), money, and work needed to bring it to a successful outcome.  I know that is not what you wanted to read, but the truth is better than being led down the garden path.

Beth C

Re: Frizzle Project
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2014, 12:15:10 PM »
I have seen some LF frizzle EEs on Ebay from time to time (labeled Ameraucana, right there under the photo of a golden duckwing male ::)). Not bantam and certainly not Ameraucana, but might be worth investigating, if just to learn from their mistakes.