Author Topic: BB at Newnan  (Read 3554 times)

Michael Newman

BB at Newnan
« on: February 18, 2014, 11:35:34 AM »
Happy to report one of my Black Ameraucana hens got Best of Breed at the show in Newnan, GA this past weekend (Feb 15th 2014)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 11:45:23 AM by Michael Newman »

Sharon Yorks

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sharonyorks.com
Re: BB at Newnan
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2014, 01:42:51 PM »
That is great, Michael! Congratulations! Did you take any other birds? How did they do?
Sharon Yorks
Mark 11:23

(Don't tell God how big your problem is, tell your problem how big your God is!)

Clif Redden

• ABC Members
  • Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2014, 04:16:12 PM »
Good job, she looks good.

Michael Newman

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2014, 06:50:25 PM »
That is great, Michael! Congratulations! Did you take any other birds? How did they do?

I took a Wheaten Marans pullet that won Reserve of Breed.  A Delaware pullet that won best of breed (but she was the only one there), 2 Welsummer cockerels and another Black Ameraucana hen that got 3rd.

Sharon Yorks

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sharonyorks.com
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2014, 07:39:51 PM »
Are there very many others with Ameraucanas in your area who show? If so, we should get some more shows down there approved as Ameraucana meets.
Sharon Yorks
Mark 11:23

(Don't tell God how big your problem is, tell your problem how big your God is!)

Michael Newman

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2014, 11:03:37 PM »
Are there very many others with Ameraucanas in your area who show? If so, we should get some more shows down there approved as Ameraucana meets.

Not that I'm aware of Sharon.  I'm not sure where the folks were from that showed at Newnan.  I can tell you that since I've joined this group I've gotten a lot of inquiries for hatching eggs so I think this area  (FL, GA, AL) is lacking in folks who breeder Ameraucanas.   You all should come to our Panhandle Poultry Show in Pensacola, FL.  It's a great show, plus we are near some of the world's most beautiful beaches! :)