Author Topic: Ivomec  (Read 12092 times)

Jeffery and Cheryl Vance

• ABC Members
  • Associate
    • View Profile
Ivomec
« on: June 06, 2014, 11:11:12 AM »
When mixing Ivomec with water how many cc per gallon ?
Jeffery and Cheryl Vance

Jean

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pipsandpeeps.com
Re: Ivomec
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2014, 07:55:28 PM »
1 1/2 cc/ml per gallon - injectable type.
Jean

Jeffery and Cheryl Vance

• ABC Members
  • Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2014, 10:59:47 AM »
Thanks Jean How do u use the Sheep Drench Ivomec A Sheep farmer gave me a new bottle today?
Jeffery and Cheryl Vance

Jean

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pipsandpeeps.com
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2014, 10:38:56 AM »
I've only used the injectable kind for cattle.
Jean

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2014, 02:03:31 PM »
I use the cattle strength, so adjust accordingly.   I use an eyedropper.   For large fowl, I put 7 to 10 drops on the bare skin above and below the vent and over the pin bones.    The amount depends on size and whether they are infested or not.   There is a high tolerance for this product.   It has been used to treat humans for eye worm in third world countries according to reports I have read.   For bantams, 4 or 5 drops should be enough.    Some drop it into the mouth of the bird.   There is no need for that, as it is absorbed into the system through the skin.   

Clif Redden

• ABC Members
  • Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2014, 11:41:17 PM »
Jeff, I agree 100%.   I've been using Ivomec on my chickens for a long time .Ivomec pour on for cattle applied the way Mike described, I think is very effective and the easiest method to rid your chickens of worms, lice and mites.

Jeffery and Cheryl Vance

• ABC Members
  • Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2014, 09:35:22 AM »
Mike and Clif  We used the Ivomec sheep drench today very easy Cheryl helped which made very easy I caught she used the eye dropper she is the best helper i am very lucky. Thanks to both Mike and Clif for information.
Jeffery and Cheryl Vance

greeneggsandham

• ABC Members
  • Colleague
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2014, 11:24:02 AM »
How long does this stuff remain effective and how long would you wait before eating eggs?

Sharon
Hubby rues the day he brought the chicks home...

Clif Redden

• ABC Members
  • Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2014, 12:32:04 PM »
Hi Sharon, On the directions the bottle says 48 days for slaughter. Remember this is for cattle and once again the bottle gives a residue warning, it reads a withdrawal time in milk has not been established.

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2014, 12:33:06 PM »
It lasts several months, you should check them from time to time after that.   I figure if they can use it in humans, the trace amount in a few eggs shouldn't do any harm.   Remember, we're talking mere drops as opposed to pouring quite a large amount on a steer or a deer.   I'm sure it may not be recommended, but we don't withhold at all.   So far we haven't grown any horns or a tail.   And I seem to be free of parasites to boot!  ;)
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 12:36:34 PM by Mike Gilbert »

Jeffery and Cheryl Vance

• ABC Members
  • Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2014, 09:28:30 AM »
Checked all birds that we used the Ivomec on and man what a job could not find nothing on them they even look a lot better act a lot better. Now when do u follow up on this and would u us frontline and another wormer.
Jeffery and Cheryl Vance

Clif Redden

• ABC Members
  • Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2014, 09:48:00 AM »
Hi Jeff, It last around three months. I never found it necessary to us other wormers with it, a good way to know your birds are  worm free is their litter should be solid with a nice white cap.

Sharon Yorks

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sharonyorks.com
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2014, 09:55:44 AM »
But if they aren't, how soon would you follow up with a second dose?
Sharon Yorks
Mark 11:23

(Don't tell God how big your problem is, tell your problem how big your God is!)

Clif Redden

• ABC Members
  • Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2014, 10:06:19 AM »
I've never had Ivomec fail as a wormer, but if I didn't see results, I would try something else in a short time 5-6 day. If that doesn't work there may be something else wrong with the bird

Max

• ABC Members
  • Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2014, 11:24:59 AM »
Mike, Cliff, are you using the pour on or the injectable with the eye dropper? The last time I used the Frontline it didn't work very well. Maybe I got a bad batch... I'm thinking about trying Ivomec this time.
Max Strawn