The Official Forum of the Ameraucana Breeders Club > Exhibiting & Promoting

Terminology

<< < (2/3) > >>

Max:

--- Quote from: John Blehm on August 22, 2014, 12:55:45 PM ---
For our club AOV has historically meant to mean any variety that isn't one of the recognized varieties.  With, black, blue, blue wheaten, brown red, buff, silver, wheaten and white being the only varieties that are recognized/accepted by the APA/ABA, lavender, splash, black gold, chocolate and All Other Varieties are considered AOV, by us, at our sanctioned meets.

--- End quote ---

This is how I have always viewed it and I think it should be this way for all breeds. It seems less confusing to me this way. I have read some pretty heated arguments on other forums about this subject. AOV means that if there were large fowl lavender, splash, black gold, and chocolate Ameraucana entered in the same show, they would all be competing against each other for Best AOV...  Correct?

Mike Gilbert:
That's right Max.   And you could throw splash wheaten into that mix too.

John:
I know members are also working on partridge, red pyle, blue silver, mottled...

(Sorry Mike,  I meant to reply to your post and ended up modifying it somehow) :o

John:
We use "Best" when describing the Best

Cesar “CJ”:
I read the article by Tom Roebuck

I like to say "roo" it sounds cool to me. I might start using it more often. Lets face it is the 21st century I think we can add another term. I think we all know what people are trying to say when we hear "roo" and "young roo" etc.. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version