Author Topic: TN, KY, MS & AL moved to South Central District  (Read 4678 times)

John

TN, KY, MS & AL moved to South Central District
« on: August 15, 2014, 01:17:03 PM »
The directors voted to move 4 states from the Eastern District into the South Central District.

Blue Egg Acres

Re: TN, KY, MS & AL moved to South Central District
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2014, 09:50:11 PM »
Cool! So Paul ( and Angela) is now my director  :)

Sharon Yorks

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sharonyorks.com
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2014, 11:35:18 AM »
Let it go, John...Let it go.
Sharon Yorks
Mark 11:23

(Don't tell God how big your problem is, tell your problem how big your God is!)

Don

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2014, 12:57:35 PM »
Sounds like there have been a number of changes over the past number of years.  Have these been created because of demographics of membership?
Don Cash
Matthew 4:9

Don

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2014, 02:35:32 PM »
So in the other club, with one director, who helps to dialogue/encourage the members or potential members in different areas of the country?   It seems that The one director is really sort of an under secretary who really only answers meet requests?  You have national and state mets only?  That director would not be familiar with all of the shows in different parts of the country, so it's really just up to individual members all around?  The up side to this approach?

Don Cash
Matthew 4:9

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2014, 02:56:47 PM »
Don, as secretary-treasurer of Chantecler Fanciers International, I'm in a position to answer your questions.
We actually have four directors, one in British Columbia, one in Ontario, one in Washington state, and one in South Dakota.   We had one in New Jersey, but he moved to Tennessee and has since dropped out of the club.   Our president, Jim Fegan, is located in the U.P. of Michigan, and I of course am in Wisconsin.   So we are geographically spread out, and we would consider additional directors - especially in the eastern U.S. or Canada.  But having the right people in office is far more important than geography.   Our club has only operated since late 2007, and we have slightly fewer than 100 members.   Our meets are placed at the request of members and approved by the entire board of directors, but then we only place 4 or 5 meets per year.   We have a national in the U.S. and another in Canada.   The directors are the local go-to guys for promotion and communication, but they don't place meets on their own.   They do vote on the major issues of the club.   We require any member who asks for a club meet to provide the names of at least two other members (total of three) who would be participating.   We deviated from that policy just one time, and the result was we placed a meet and nobody showed up.   That won't happen again.  We only have the two national meets and then just plain club meets.   Nothing is designated state or district, as we have no districts.  I'm not sure how this would work if we get to 300 plus members, but it is working just fine for our current size.   We have an election once every two years, just like the ABC.   BTW, 78% of our members receive their quarterly color newsletters via email pdf attachment.   Anyone interested in the breed can request a sample newsletter by email. 

Sharon Yorks

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sharonyorks.com
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2014, 09:58:56 AM »
I, for one, believe a hands on representative (director) who is out among the members at the shows is a much better option and that's it's best having directors who represent their own area to help it grow so the club wouldn't eventually get localized.   
Sharon Yorks
Mark 11:23

(Don't tell God how big your problem is, tell your problem how big your God is!)

Jean

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pipsandpeeps.com
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2014, 01:21:57 PM »
I agree we need to keep our Districts so that everyone has representation and National Meets don't get allocated to one spot in the US every year. 

People would get discouraged if they were unable to attend a National because they were always held at one location.  I would foresee a steep decline in membership. 

Jean