Author Topic: Election Ballot  (Read 4490 times)

Sharon Yorks

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sharonyorks.com
Election Ballot
« on: August 26, 2014, 12:15:07 PM »
Mike...Can you please explain to everyone how the election ballot process works as far as getting it sent back in?

If by e-mail: Does the ballot need to be printed out, filled out, then scanned and e-mailed to you...or can a person just give you the information in the body of an e-mail regarding who THEY are and who they are voting for in each category they are eligible to vote in? I just got my bulletin today, so I am assuming it is going out to everyone today, so does that mean you need to receive their vote no later than September 4th or 5th?

If by snail mail: Of course they will need to fill it out and mail it back to the address listed on the ballot, but what date does it need to be postmarked by since people from different areas will be receiving them at different times?

And should anyone question what the blank line for Secretary/Treasurer means, can you please explain how that works?

And just for clarification, please verify that the ballots need to be sent to: chantecler7@gmail.com

or:

Mike Gilbert
W5171 Baker Road
Holmen, WI 54636
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 12:17:32 PM by Sharon Yorks »
Sharon Yorks
Mark 11:23

(Don't tell God how big your problem is, tell your problem how big your God is!)

Mike Gilbert

Re: Election Ballot
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 03:02:01 PM »
First of all, the email address on the ballot is correct:  Chantecler7@gmail.com
And my address for regular mail is correct as printed on the ballot as well.

Emailed ballots should be received no later than September 5th.

Snail-mailed ballots should be postmarked by September 5th.

I prefer the actual ballot be returned, but as long as all the information is there, and legible, I'll accept it.
In cases of illegible ballots I will notify the sender and ask them to submit a proper ballot.

The blank line behind Secretary/Treasurer is for a write-in vote.   Please be sure the person being written in
would accept the office if elected.   

One other point of procedure:   Only those who reside in the new Western District should be voting for District Director.      Those outside the Western District who vote for District Director will not have that particular vote counted.   That error will not invalidate the rest of the ballot however. 

Sharon Yorks

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2014, 05:06:07 PM »
Thanks for your reply, Mike. I'm just trying to ask questions that others may have but don't want to ask.

Snail-mailed ballots should be postmarked by September 5th.

I prefer the actual ballot be returned, but as long as all the information is there, and legible, I'll accept it.
In cases of illegible ballots I will notify the sender and ask them to submit a proper ballot.

Can a person who receives their ballot by snail mail, scan the information and e-mail it back to you? Likewise, can a person who gets their ballot by e-mail, print it out and snail mail it in?

Are the ballots supposed to have a place to write in the person's name to verify membership? And if so, do you have a "current" membership list?

If e-mailing you the information without a ballot, what all information do you need listed?
Sharon Yorks

(Don't tell God how big your problem is, tell your problem how big your God is!)

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2014, 05:24:21 PM »
Sure, why not?
Of course I have a current membership list.
I can tell by the email or the mail envelope who sent the ballot.  Putting a return address on the envelope or sending a brief note with the email is just common sense.   I'm assuming all ABC members have some of that commodity - rare though it may be. 

I have everyone's email address too.
John is thorough.

Sharon Yorks

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2014, 06:11:44 PM »
Okay, thanks. I think that almost covers everything someone could ask. So don't put your name on the ballots, just on the envelope and you don't have to put your name in the body of an e-mail if you don't want to because you have everyone's e-mail address. Gotcha!

Family memberships only have one vote, right? And junior members ARE able to vote like everyone else?

If you can think of anything else, please include it...or if anyone else has any questions, please ask. 
Sharon Yorks

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2014, 07:14:26 PM »

Family memberships only have one vote, right? And junior members ARE able to vote like everyone else?

That would be affirmative.   

DeWayne Edgin

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2014, 08:43:58 PM »
My email is not working. Who could tell me if my ballot was snailmail or emailed? I just created a new account also, so who do i give the new information to?

John

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2014, 08:59:05 PM »
My email is not working. Who could tell me if my ballot was snailmail or emailed? I just created a new account also, so who do i give the new information to?
DeWayne,

I'm the current club secretary.  I emailed your Bulletin, with a ballot, to you today.  It did not bounce back to me, so I assume the old account is still active.
Please email me to give me your new email address.  Also, please update you profile here on the forum with the new address.

Jean

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pipsandpeeps.com
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2014, 12:38:03 PM »
Don't forget that only Western District Members are voting for the Western District Position.  The other District nominees are elected by acclamation because they are running unopposed.

Jean