Author Topic: Wanted  (Read 5843 times)

Mike Gilbert

Wanted
« on: September 19, 2014, 09:00:06 AM »
Would like to purchase one or two black bantam hens or pullets.   These would have to be black bred, not out of blues.    Also, a friend of mine is looking for a good quality large fowl buff rooster, preferably a cockerel.  I could pick these up at the Ohio National in November.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 09:01:44 AM by Mike Gilbert »

DeWayne Edgin

Re: Wanted
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2014, 05:23:16 PM »
I will get better pictures in the morning Mike. I will let my hens in their pens and let him out to free range for pictures  ;D oh yea he was born in April.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 05:25:04 PM by DeWayne Edgin »

DeWayne Edgin

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2014, 09:12:31 AM »
Here are some better pictures. He was penned with another cockeral and they have been picking each others beards and muffs. I was keeping him for his color and nice blue legs. If you do not choose him, its fine. If you want him i can bring him along. Thanks.

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2014, 09:39:47 AM »
DeWayne, are you coming to Columbus?

DeWayne Edgin

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2014, 12:35:55 PM »
I plan to. I am really looking forward to it. Do you like him? I plan on leaving Saturday night and getting there Sunday morning. Visiting with members and looking at birds, then bringing the Brown Reds home.  :)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 12:38:10 PM by DeWayne Edgin »

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2014, 01:59:01 PM »
Looks fine for his age.   But he has a lot of development and feathering left to do.   Bring him along to Columbus and I'll check him out there.   If he continues developing as he has so far, he should be OK.

DeWayne Edgin

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2014, 04:07:01 PM »
Ok. He is darker than most other buffs ive seen. He may make a nice bird for your Brown Reds to get more color. If your freind would let you use him. :D

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2014, 04:26:12 PM »
In buff, evenness of color counts for more than the exact shade of buff in my opinion, though I do prefer a bright gold, not so much orange as this one.  I have no interest in crossing him with brown red, as I already get birds that have too much red color, a well as some that don't have enough.

DeWayne Edgin

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2014, 09:03:57 PM »
Well i am still learning. Brown Reds are a varietey that are not talked a whole lot and it is probably because not very many people raise them. I was just assuming.   ???

SkiBuny

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2014, 11:04:36 PM »
Mike, I'm bringing a black bantam to be sold at the auction in Lucasville. I'm not sure if pullet or cockerel yet. It's parents were both black, but grandparents I'm not sure if were black or B/B/S. I bought it's parents from Jerry DeSmidt last year in Great Falls, then bred them and hatched this little one.
Shakti

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2014, 10:10:45 AM »
 Thanks for the info Shakti, but I'm afraid I won't be there this year.    I don't trust myself to drive that far, after what occurred in Missouri a couple of years ago.   I will be attending the Ohio National, however, as Bob Rennolet and I are traveling together, pulling his trailer.

SkiBuny

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2014, 05:15:15 PM »
Mike,
Sorry you can't make it! We won't be at any other shows in OH this year, it's just too far. We will be driving back through WI, I-90 to a highway that goes through Monroe, so if you bought it through the auction and could meet u on our way back, let me know.
Shakti :-)

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2014, 05:32:27 PM »
 John Blehm is in charge of doing my "shopping" at Lucasville and has offered to keep the bird (s) until November when he will be heading over our way.   But thank you for the offer!

Mike

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2014, 11:45:09 AM »
Okay, no luck in Lucasville.   I'm still looking for brown red or black bantam females.   I will be at the shows at Hutchinson, MN,  Columbus, OH,  and Webster City, Iowa.    Anybody?