Author Topic: 2014 National Meet Incentive Results  (Read 3564 times)

Sharon Yorks

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sharonyorks.com
2014 National Meet Incentive Results
« on: October 07, 2014, 02:47:51 PM »
Incubator Drawing

Congratulations to Rachel Carlberg from Rocky Point, NC for winning the brand new 1588 Hova-Bator incubator which was donated by Victor Hakes of Twin City Poultry Supplies. Her name was drawn out of 72 new members who are all new to the ABC this year.

Ameraucana Fundraiser Auction

I am please to announce that the Ameraucana silent auction that was held at this year’s National Meet raised $707 that will be used towards awards at the 2015 National Meet that will be in the South Central District next year. Thanks to all who donated birds. Below is a list of the 3 highest bids and those who won a gift certificate to Hakes’ Twin City Poultry Supplies.

$65 for a blue pullet from Sharon Yorks ($35 gift certificate)
$50 for a buff pullet from Will Kitsch ($30 gift certificate)
$46 for a black pullet from Max Strawn ($25 gift certificate) 

Fundraiser Drawing

The 3-hole Poultry Carrying Box that was built & donated by Matt Parker to be used as a club fundraiser brought in $96 and was won by Clif & Linda Redden. 

Who Drove the Farthest with Birds

The $20 Gift Certificate to Hakes' Twin City Poultry Supplies went to Shakti O'Melveny-Rupp. She and her husband drove (according to Google) 1973 miles. 

Most Varieties that Placed

Was won by Jerry DeSmidt and he also won a $20 Gift Certificate to Hakes' Twin City Poultry Supplies.

« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 11:17:18 PM by Sharon Yorks »
Sharon Yorks
Mark 11:23

(Don't tell God how big your problem is, tell your problem how big your God is!)

Russ

Re: 2014 National Meet Incentive Results
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2014, 05:05:05 PM »
Congrats to all the winners  :) and Sharon you did a very impressive job making this a Great meet. I thought the silent auction was a wonderful idea and great way to get good quality birds to new Ameraucana Fanciers. My only thought is, please do not take offense because none is intended, but I would of liked to see the pairs/trios sold as such. I might of misunderstood but I was thinking when I was donating a pair it was to be a breeding pair and sold as such? Don't get me wrong I personally think this is an awesome way to give people an opportunity to purchase quality stock and benefit the club as well. Again you did an awesome job these are just might thoughts, not meant to offend anyone    ;D
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 05:20:14 PM by Russ »

Sharon Yorks

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2014, 08:42:31 AM »
Thanks! No offense taken at all. I only set it up as individuals because I thought there might be some people who would be just looking for a single male or female (possibly to replace one at home) and didn't want them to have to deal with an extra unwanted male or having to work an additional female into their flock if that wasn't what they were wanting. If Paul decides to do the auction again next year, this would be a great topic to bring up. Yeah, I mean...whatever works best for the club. Thanks for pointing this out.
Sharon Yorks

(Don't tell God how big your problem is, tell your problem how big your God is!)

Sharon Yorks

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2014, 02:22:27 PM »
Another reason for splitting all of the birds up was because of the 3 gift certificates given out for the highest bids. It wouldn't be fair to have a single bird competing against a pair or a trio and I wanted to encourage people to bring very nice birds. The bird I brought was a last minute replacement because the other pullet started molting a week or so before the meet. She was one I had intended to keep as a breeder, but I'm happy she raised what she did for the club. The gift certificates were just added incentives to bring nice birds and get a little back for your donation if they brought in the most.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 02:25:28 PM by Sharon Yorks »
Sharon Yorks

Russ

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2014, 08:07:55 PM »
 It wouldn't be fair to have a single bird competing against a pair or a trio and I wanted to encourage people to bring very nice birds.

That makes sense to me  ;)