Author Topic: Central Indiana Poultry Show  (Read 2597 times)

John

Central Indiana Poultry Show
« on: October 19, 2014, 01:58:38 PM »
It was the 1st time for me at this show, yesterday, in Lebanon...not far from Indy.  There were 977 birds in the show with another 689 in a separate junior show for a total of 1,666 entered.  I rode down with Matt Boensch, superintendent of our Fowl Fest show, Friday afternoon and we came back Saturday night.  It was a one day show and coop out time was around 3:30, so it went by pretty fast with many judges.  It is a nice fairground facility with newer buildings friendly show management.  The weather was kind of cold with some rain.
It wasn't an ABC meet, but Duane Schroeder stopped by.  I talked to others that I knew and met several fanciers that I hadn't met before.
I entered 4 bantams and 2 large fowl Ameraucanas.  Out of 6 bantams a wheaten pullet by Kathy Dillon won BB.  Out of 8 large fowl I had BB on a black hen.  A a pullet looked better to me but the judge found stubs on her.  No Ameraucana made it to Champion Row.

Mike Gilbert

Re: Central Indiana Poultry Show
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2014, 07:05:16 PM »
Sounds like a great way to spend a Saturday.   Maybe a good place for an ABC meet next year?   We had church youth group over for a leaf raking party.   The yard looked good - yesterday.   Last night we got some wind and today you can hardly tell it was raked.   Lots of leaves on the trees here yet.  A lot of the kids were interested in the birds, so they got a tour.    Mary and I plan to attend the Minnesota State show at Hutchinson next weekend, but only entered 6 birds as there are no Ameraucana or Chantecler meets there. 
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 07:10:52 PM by Mike Gilbert »

Schroeder

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2014, 10:23:29 AM »
I agree this is a fine show.  Last year I set an Indiana State meet here but the participation level was disappointing.  Since it was just a couple of weeks after Lucasville, and no member requested a meet, I was concerned there would not be the prerequisite anticipation of "three or more exhibitors" of Ameraucanas. 

I am considering setting our 2015 NC District meet here.  If anyone has comments or other suggestions, send me a note.

John:  I thought both of your blacks looked exceptional.

Russ

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2014, 07:53:42 PM »
Sounded like a good time, and Duane I thought you said it was a small show  ??? man I hate to see what your big shows are like  :D. Sounds like one I should put on the calender for next year.