Author Topic: Chickens on TV  (Read 3401 times)

John

Chickens on TV
« on: April 25, 2006, 12:08:43 PM »
Did you see the program, Sunday at 8pm, on the Animal Planet network?  I missed the first 10 minutes, but enjoyed the rest.  It featured Bill Patterson (a vet here in Michigan), Bill Wulff (Mr. Poultry Press) and a gal named Heidi I think (from Oregon as I recall).  It gave background info on all three, followed them to the Illini show and then to a big show in California.  It was hosted by Fred Willard and quite well done.  There were many familiar faces especially of judges, including Earl Jones, Jeff Halbach and others.  
I generally don\'t like the programming on Animal Planet.  They seem to have a liberal agenda, equating animals with people and referring to millions and billions of years.  I know that poultry won\'t ever get equal time with cats and dogs on TV, but I\'ll watch more often if they cover more poultry shows.

Chickens on TV
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2006, 12:25:58 PM »
No, I missed that one.  I did see a re-run of the Discovery Channel show Dirty Jobs which featured the \"Baby Chick Sexer\".  It showed the host visiting one of the larger commercial hatcheries and the watched as the chick sexers sexed all the day\'s hatches.  This one aired a couple of months ago, but the website showed it\'s original air date of Aug 16, 2003.

Chickens on TV
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2006, 01:04:47 PM »
I saved it on the DVR and have watched it a couple times in an effort to glean what is needed to show a chicken. Also was out of the house retrieving LW from her trip to Seattle as chaperone for group to college honor society convention.

I agree that it was very well done.

Greg

faith valley

Chickens on TV
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2006, 02:12:20 PM »
I loved the way the guy butchered the pronounciation of the breeds.  Good for laughs.  We too taped it and have watched it a couple times.    Very well done indeed.

~Patty~

Mike Gilbert

Chickens on TV
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2006, 06:50:52 PM »
I didn\'t see it because I really don\'t watch much TV.   But if anyone offers a CD or casette on the show I would be inclined to purchase a copy.   Should make for good conversation at the shows!

Mike Gilbert

Chickens on TV
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2006, 09:20:44 PM »
http://animal.discovery.com/tvlistings/episode.jsp?episode=0&cpi=112619&gid=0&channel=APL

Would this be it?  Says it\'s name is Fowl Play.  It airs again Apr 30

John

Chickens on TV
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2006, 08:13:46 AM »
Yes.  I says it will air at 3pm...Eastern I assume.
 :D

Chickens on TV
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2006, 07:35:02 PM »

Of course I didn\'t see it  ;)
Don\'t you know, it is National Turn Off Your TV week!!  :p
Actually it is because we don\'t have cable
I still watched \"Lost\"!!
But did you see the comercials for \"Bird Flue in America\"??
On may 9th I think, but don\'t remeber if it was fox or abc.
I think we are going to have a parinoia spring-back  from that I bet.
Sheesh a couplr months ago I got a call from one of Sean\'s teachers, concerned he will bring \"Bird Flue\" to the school, because he raises fowl!!

Chickens on TV
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2006, 12:57:26 AM »
we were at the show in Stockton when they were filming the end part, and my boy spent a considerable amount of his time trying to insinuate himself into the background shots.  he was successful too- caught his .7 seconds of fame at the chicken-hat table!!

but I enjoyed the rest of the program too!  ;)

Chickens on TV
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2006, 07:26:16 PM »
This was a fun show. I think it may make more people realize how fun poultry can be. And that they all don\'t look like Leghorns! HAHA! I enjoyed it!