Author Topic: The Case for Lavender  (Read 3377 times)

John

The Case for Lavender
« on: December 26, 2014, 11:53:14 AM »
Mike Gilbert's article, The Case for Lavender, is in the 2014 ABC Handbook.  I've also posted a link to it on our Downloads page for all to view. 
I did a search on this forum for "lavender" and 12 pages on the topic came up.  Lavender is here to stay even though some that don't like change still try to fight it.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2014, 06:22:37 PM by John Blehm »

HarryS

• ABC Members
  • Associate
    • View Profile
Re: The Case for Lavender
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2014, 01:47:15 PM »
Mike, good article. 
Harry Shaffer

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2014, 04:16:38 PM »
Thanks Harry, I appreciate it.   

DeWayne Edgin

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2014, 07:05:56 PM »
Very nice artical Mike! Im guessing they are saying self blue because they breed true when bred together. But who all gets our ABC handbook? Is there others besides members who can read it? I guess what i mean is , will anyone that can help give them the name Lavender be able to read this? Im not sure how this works so thats why i am asking. Just to learn. Thanks.

DeWayne Edgin

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2014, 12:42:17 PM »
Thanks John.

Beth C

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2015, 12:49:22 PM »
Great article, Mike! I remember that poll, but couldn't find it on the forum so I'm glad you listed the totals: 27 out of 31 for lavender, 3 for compromise and 1 for self-blue. As you said, landslide!

Tailfeathers

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2015, 03:14:44 AM »
Good article, Mike.  Well-written, balanced, and logical.  I've never been quick to like change and certainly not change just for change sake.  But I've also never been one for no change because that's the way it's always been.  Since the gene has been named Lavender it only makes sense to me to name the variety Lavender.  Especially since it breeds true and has no lacing.  Personally, Lavender looks quite a bit different to my eye than Blue.  Has more of a Dun look to me.

God Bless,

Royce