Author Topic: Lucasville  (Read 2494 times)

Mike Gilbert

Lucasville
« on: July 07, 2014, 11:47:50 AM »
 I was wondering if anyone from Wisconsin, Minnesota, or South Dakota other than Jerry DeSmidt is going to the ABC National at Lucasville.    Since I'm not able to attend this year, I'm looking for a ride for the trio of bantams to be awarded to the junior essay winner, and also some large fowl brown reds if there is room.
Jerry has room, but his place is a long, long trip from mine.   If there is not room for the large fowl, then I would just send the trio.   It looks more and more like it will be whites this year.   They are descended from Bob Walchak's winning flock, and should be real nice.   I could meet someone en route on Interstate 90 at Lacrosse/Onalaska, or farther east if necessary.    BTW, no essay contest entries have been received so far.   They need to be in my hands by September 1st at the latest.   I'm not sure if the junior needs to be present at the show to win?   Sharon, could you clear that question up for us?

Sharon Yorks

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sharonyorks.com
Re: Lucasville
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2014, 03:05:24 PM »
I do not believe the winner should have to be present, but they do need to have made arrangements for pickup should their name be announced. Once you have received all of the entries, let me know who they are (without telling me who won) and I will contact each of them to let them all know they must make arrangements for someone to pick up the birds if they cannot attend the national meet.
Sharon Yorks
Mark 11:23

(Don't tell God how big your problem is, tell your problem how big your God is!)

SkiBuny

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2014, 03:53:55 PM »
Mike,
I am driving from Montana to the show, don't know our exact route yet, but I might be able to pick them up, or meet someone to pick them up. We will not have much space, but I think one bantam trio would fit.
Shakti

SkiBuny

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2014, 03:55:31 PM »
Also, my daughter was working on an essay, I will have her finish it up soon! :-)