Author Topic: Website Gallery  (Read 11357 times)

greeneggsandham

• ABC Members
  • Colleague
    • View Profile
Re: Website Gallery
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2015, 09:36:10 PM »
Not sure what is going on, but the thumbnails in the gallery do not work for me.  I can't get them to enlarge.

Also, I've noticed that here on the forum the old link to get to the homepage no longer works.  In fact, I can't find a link anywhere to get back to the homepage.  Is there one?
Sharon
Hubby rues the day he brought the chicks home...

Susan Mouw

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
    • Sand Castles Farm
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2015, 09:54:36 PM »
When you click on a thumbnail, the larger pic shows in the spot about the rows down. Depending on your screen resolution, you may have to scroll down to see it.

Just above the menu, on the right side, where it says "welcome to...", there is a link to the website home page. It should show up in blue letters.
Susan Mouw
Sand Castles Farm
http://www.sandcastlesfarm.com

John

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2015, 10:48:48 PM »
here on the forum the old link to get to the homepage

I used to have the logo on the top of each web page be a clickable link to the forum and the logos on the top of the forum pages were links to the website's homepage to quickly and easily navigate back and forth between the two.  Now the logos on the forum link to the forum and on the website link to the website.

Susan Mouw

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
    • Sand Castles Farm
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2015, 08:08:23 AM »
Logos on a website should link to the home page for that website - that's Website Navigation 101. :)

I did like how you had the logo on the forum linking to the website, but haven't had the time to spend to make that work with all the other customization.  When I have some time to spend on that, I will. :)

The link on the left hand side of the website is "static" and is in the same place for every page on the website, so it should be easy to find.

Sometimes progress comes with some re-learning. :)
Susan Mouw
Sand Castles Farm

greeneggsandham

• ABC Members
  • Colleague
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2015, 02:33:16 PM »
When you click on a thumbnail, the larger pic shows in the spot about the rows down. Depending on your screen resolution, you may have to scroll down to see it.

Just above the menu, on the right side, where it says "welcome to...", there is a link to the website home page. It should show up in blue letters.

I see now.  Well, the link does take some searching.  I couldn't find it easily.  You don't know how many times I clicked on those thumbnails to get my pic to expand.  I'm just use to having something open up when I click.  So if it happens to me, it could happen to others.  I'm not tech savy, but I'm not unfamiliar with navigating web pages.  Just my 2 cents.
Sharon

Susan Mouw

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
    • Sand Castles Farm
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2015, 05:41:53 PM »
Hi Sharon

If I place a pop up window that opens the larger image, we run in to the same challenge as with the "hover" effect in that other thumbnails are covered up and you can't access them when the pop-up is open.  Also, many have pop-up windows blocked, so when they click on a thumbnail, nothing at all would happen. This seemed to be the best alternative to opening a new window each time you want to see an enlarged image.

It is lower than I would have liked, but that is only way I could do it and still be able to see anything when you scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page.

How should the instructions (in italics at the top of the gallery page) read so that it is clearer where the larger image actually is opened?
Susan Mouw
Sand Castles Farm

greeneggsandham

• ABC Members
  • Colleague
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2015, 05:51:18 PM »
Hi Sharon

If I place a pop up window that opens the larger image, we run in to the same challenge as with the "hover" effect in that other thumbnails are covered up and you can't access them when the pop-up is open.  Also, many have pop-up windows blocked, so when they click on a thumbnail, nothing at all would happen. This seemed to be the best alternative to opening a new window each time you want to see an enlarged image.

It is lower than I would have liked, but that is only way I could do it and still be able to see anything when you scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page.

How should the instructions (in italics at the top of the gallery page) read so that it is clearer where the larger image actually is opened?

Oh, it's fine.  If I would have scrolled down I would have seen it.  It's just me not following all the directions and trying to do things the same old way.   ;D
Sharon

Peggy Taylor

• ABC Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2015, 01:24:32 PM »
I like the new "Gallery".  The pictures are extremely nice. I enjoyed being able to see the chicks alongside the adults. Thanks Susan for your hard work and a good job in putting it together.

Peggy Taylor