Author Topic: Got some eggs from Mike  (Read 2503 times)

John

Got some eggs from Mike
« on: January 30, 2015, 06:13:33 PM »
Back before internet us old timers used the phone more often and sometimes had to write letters.  Anyway, I found some old letters and items from back when I first joined the ABC and they may be of interest to a few.  I bred what most called Araucanas with tails and muffs, the way I liked them, and joined the Society for Preservation of Poultry Antiquities (SPPA) around 1981 to get their Breeders Directory.  I found Michael K. Gilbert's ad in it and called him about getting some of his Araucanas.  He said they now call the ones with muffs and tails Ameraucanas and he would get some eggs to me.
Below is his ad from the 1980-1981 SPPA Breeders Directory and the first two letters I received from him. ;)

Mike Gilbert

Re: Got some eggs from Mike
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2015, 07:12:55 PM »
And I thought I was a packrat!    Now that's a real trip down memory lane.   

Tailfeathers

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2015, 04:25:45 AM »
Another good example why I wish there was a "Like' button!  Or maybe just a Thumbs Up!   :)

Btw, it's 0120 here right now.  Just getting sat down for the night.  Long day.  Long week.  But real nice few hours chewing on some great Asian food (All-You-Can-Eat.  Always the best!  ;D )  Thought about calling that number just to say Howdy Mike!  But I'm too easy to find.  LOL  Seriously, that was a fun read.

God Bless,

Russ

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2015, 07:16:16 PM »
One word "awesome" pretty cool seeing memorabilia like this