Author Topic: Breeders For Sale  (Read 3442 times)

John

Breeders For Sale
« on: April 04, 2006, 04:45:22 PM »
I am ready to stop collecting eggs from some breeding pens and have some birds to offer.  Most are from last year\'s hatch:

Pair -blue large fowl. She is a bit small but has nice lacing.

Trio - brown red bantams, not great but something to work with.

Quad - blue bantams, the cock is at least two years old.

Quad - buff bantams, with more hens if you want them.

Email for prices of birds with boxes.  The buyer will pay COD for Express Mail shipping and NorthWest Airline surcharge.

Breeders For Sale
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2006, 10:29:36 PM »
Hi John,

Do you still have your blue pair (LF)? How much are you asking? Thanks

Connie Miller

John

Breeders For Sale
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2006, 09:16:10 AM »
Sorry, but the LF blues are going to AZ.
A bantam brown red hen and a couple bantam buff hens are also spoken for.

Breeders For Sale
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2006, 07:15:21 PM »
Just received 2 hens from John, they were shipped Monday and the Post Office called this morning to let me know they had arrived.  Other than a bit thirsty they were active and happy to be out of their box.  
Actually, this is the first shipment of birds I\'ve received that didn\'t seemed overly stressed by the trip!!  

Breeders For Sale
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2006, 12:21:32 AM »
I, too, received a bird from John today. She was calm, relaxed, thirsty, hungry but settled right in and laid an egg. The brown red cock that I got from him last month was making moo-moo eyes at her through the dividing wire even though he has three hens with him already.

I wish I could say the same for the Marans eggs that I shipped on Monday. They were delivered in a plastic bag because the bag was dripping. The recipient said that the box was caved in and the eggs that weren\'t crushed were unusable because they were so soiled. He and his postmaster said that it wasn\'t my packing at fault. Excuse me, just needed to vent.

Greg

Breeders For Sale
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2006, 05:05:09 PM »
Hey, one of my new hens had a surrise for me too when I checked everybody before bed!!!  Boy I can\'t wait for quarantine to be over so I can get some FERTILE eggs!!!
THANKS AGAIN JOHN!!!!!