The Official Forum of the Ameraucana Breeders Club > News and Information

Welcome to the Ameraucana Breeders Club official Forum - Please Read!

<< < (2/3) > >>

Adetayo Fetuga:
Good day

Rachelle Quesnel:
Good evening everyone im Rachelle Quesnel  from Northbay  Ontario I notice we don't have much Ontario people here but looking to make some new friends that share the same interests I started my flock about 4 years ago and been improving my lines i posted some pictures on fb and  some young man reached out to be and told me about the club now here I am ! I started with a small coop now expanded  to something bigger  to improve my self blue /lavander line and motted  and splash  so excited for this spring ! I'm extremely curious on what the going price on hatching eggs and chicks ?

Birdcrazy:
Rachelle, We are glad that you found us and joined the club. It is an exciting time in the ABC and especially  for you and others that raise Self Blue and Splash Ameraucana. The ABC was insrumental in getting the LF Self Blue variety recognized as a standard variety with the APA in January 2020. This was no small task as it involved almost 5 years of effort with qualifying shows. Self Blue can now be shown as a recognized variety and compete for Best of Breed and higher placements. The ABC is currently undertaking the task of getting the LF Splash recognized as a standard variety. We just had our first prequalifying meet for the Splash variety at our ABC National Show in Norman Oklahoma on November 7, 2020. The required numbers were met so step one was accomplished with more work to do down the road. I know a lot of ABC members rearanged their breeding pens for 2020 to hopefully get more Splash chicks. (myself included). Now I am waiting for those spring LF Splash chicks to hit the ground for more qualifying meets down the road.

On hatching eggs here in the lower 48, I have seen prices from $20-60 a doz plus freight for eggs from quality breeders. Shipping usually is around $20 here. Day old chick prices seem to be in the $10-15 each price range plus shipping. This is usually for lots of 25 chicks. Shipping costs vary depending on distance and type of shipping (example priority mail or express). Shipping prices normally start in the $50 price range and upward.

Have a happy spring hatch!

Rachelle Quesnel:
What are your thoughts on these beautiful hens ? They are beautiful splash

Birdcrazy:
Rachelle, do you have pictures showing the entire bird? Is this a pullet or a hen?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version