Author Topic: Ameraucana Breeders Club - Statement from the Board of Directors  (Read 14411 times)

Tailfeathers

Re: Ameraucana Breeders Club - Statement from the Board of Directors
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2015, 01:13:38 AM »
I want to personally thank our current board for outlining the events of this issue to the membership.  Now, with all the speculating out of the way, we can move on to more fun things with this great breed. 

Sadly Peggy, that's just not true.  The current board has outlined the events of this issue as evidently they see it.  Anyone with an open mind can see how one-sided the "Statement" is.  I had previously made a couple fairly detailed posts outlining the problems I was having with the way the Board was handling the whole conflict.  Unfortunately, those posts were deleted as were other's posts who voiced some dissent and disagreement.

I would also just like to point out that Sharon's version of events as claimed against John is Sharon's version.  Neither John, Mike, or others are here to answer to those comments. 

And, for the record, I have maintained from the very beginning that there was fault on both sides.  To be clear, I have NOT taken any sides.  I am still trying to decide whether I will remain here.  Go to the other club.  Or, like Johnny, be a part of neither. 

I haven't seen much yet on the other club except for the "recruitment" email that some others have eluded to.  Personally, I saw nothing negative to or wrong with it.  I found it simply as a notification that the new club was formed and that, if I wanted to join them, they would honor the current membership I have here if I resigned.  Other than that, there was nothing else said.  As for this club, I haven't seen anything to persuade me that the current leadership assumes any responsibility for the part they played in causing the split of a 30yr Club and the exiting of founders of the breed, founders of the club, current board members (at the time), lifetime members, etc.

On February 27th I spent over 3hrs writing a VERY detailed email addressing numerous issues and sent it to Paul along with cc'ing several other board members and some key players in the other club.  I also sent a short follow up to an email Mike Gilbert sent to same asking several questions.  On February 27th I received this reply from Clif:

"Hi Royce,  I intend to answer the questions, probably one at a time because  I don't have 3 hour now or very often.  Have a blessed day."  The 3hr reference I assume being a reference I made to taking more than 3hrs to write my email.

I still to date have not seen anything.  (You may recall that one of the prior complaints was a perceived unresponsiveness.)  I did, however, see a reply to - I think it was DeWayne - from Clif that said, "Thanks for your support."
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 01:57:19 AM by Tailfeathers »

Tailfeathers

« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2015, 01:16:14 AM »
I agree Johnny.

Susan Lussos

« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2015, 09:11:09 PM »
I'm really happy to see this thread.  It makes my day!  thanks so much for taking the time to write this up for the membership.  I think that is just wonderful.

Susan Lussos

« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2015, 07:26:00 PM »
I do agree Johnny that everything posted on the forum is sacrosanct and should never be removed.  That makes me uneasy to be honest...as well as very cautious.  Am I allowed to ask questions or will it tee someone off and they will remove it and me?  I dunno, but I don't like thinking like that.   I think that the BOD really has to update the ByLaws that something like that will never happen again to regain membership trust.

Best Regards, Sue

Susan Mouw

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
    • Sand Castles Farm
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2015, 07:31:36 PM »
I believe, Sue, that we all learned our lesson.
Susan Mouw
Sand Castles Farm
http://www.sandcastlesfarm.com

Jan

• ABC Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2015, 03:19:37 PM »
I feel like im slow just reading all of this.  I sincerely wish that we all can continue to work together.   One thing I see from the outside looking in is that it would be a good ideal to prevent this in the future is to get a outside source such as a judge to accept and count the votes.  Thanks for all of the hard work everyone has done with this breed to where they have the honor and respect at the shows.
jan Geis