Author Topic: Membership Re-activation  (Read 4707 times)

Susan Mouw

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
    • Sand Castles Farm
Membership Re-activation
« on: May 04, 2015, 01:04:59 PM »
I have recently had an inquiry from someone asking about re-activating their membership after they have resigned but have now changed their mind and want to come back.  I thought others may be wondering the same thing, so I thought I'd share the answer publicly.

If your membership was active and current at the time of resignation, all you have to do to re-activate that membership is to drop me (or your District Director or any Board Member) an email to info@ameraucanabreedersclub.org and let them (or me) know you would like to reactivate your membership.  More than likely, your membership profile was not removed from our database, it was just placed on inactive status and it is very simple to change that status.

If your membership was not inactive for more than 60 days, your points will be re-activated as well.

If anyone has any other questions about this, please feel free to contact me at info@ameraucanagreedersclub.org
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 11:33:57 AM by Susan Mouw »
Susan Mouw
Sand Castles Farm
http://www.sandcastlesfarm.com

Birdcrazy

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
Re: Membership Re-activation
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2015, 04:24:55 PM »
Thanks for the info Susan. I don't plan on resigning my membership (I think our club is active and growing).  If someone does not renew their membership for the next year, does the club send them an email or notify them that their membership is inactive? I know the Wyandotte club actually prints a list in their quarterly newsletter with names of members who have not renewed their dues.
Gordon Gilliam

Susan Mouw

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
    • Sand Castles Farm
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2015, 04:54:30 PM »
Yes, we will be sending out emails. First, at the end of the year to remind active members that their dues are about to lapse and then, after the first of the year to remind those who have not renewed - which would be all inactives at that point.

Do you think it would be helpful to send out an email to those who resigned to give them this information?

Susan Mouw
Sand Castles Farm

Birdcrazy

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2015, 06:03:47 PM »
Yes, I think it would be appropriate to notify those that have resigned their membership with the information that you stated in your original post on Membership Re-activation. As you stated in your post one member has already had 2nd thoughts on leaving the club and wishes to re-join. There may be others out there having 2nd thoughts. I know there are a few hard core cases that it would make no difference and may infuriate, but what do we have to lose? I was bombarded by emails from the AA the first 5-6 weeks about resigning my membership and getting free membership in AA. I simply did not respond to these emails and they eventually got the message and stopped. I think a one time notice would be sufficient for anyone having doubts about leaving the ABC. Time will tell!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 06:08:58 PM by Birdcrazy »
Gordon Gilliam

Susan Mouw

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
    • Sand Castles Farm
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2015, 07:13:56 PM »
I think that is a good idea, Gordon - I think I will do that.  Thank you :)
Susan Mouw
Sand Castles Farm

Susan Lussos

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2015, 10:52:43 PM »
I think that the whole thread should be printed via PDF and sent to all members of record 12-31-2014.  I joined btw on January 1st.

Sue Lussos
Greenleaf Farms