Author Topic: Silent Auction at the National 2015  (Read 4861 times)

Don

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
Silent Auction at the National 2015
« on: June 03, 2015, 09:01:00 PM »
I think there was a good turn out for the auction at the national last year.  And I hope we will have space for another this year.  If we are going to have one, do we just let Paul know what we plan to donate?
Don Cash
Matthew 4:9

Paul

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
Re: Silent Auction at the National 2015
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2015, 08:45:47 AM »
  Either let me (Paul Smith) or Sharon Caywood know what you intend to donate to the silent auction.  Sharon has taking charge of the silent auction for the ABC!  Thanks Sharon!  We still need volunteers to take care of the ABC table and egg contest.

I know many are still deciding about coming due to the extra expense of the required AI test.
Paul Smith

Don

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2015, 09:33:43 AM »
We are planning to make the trip and can take a turn at the table as needed.  Also might have someone that can take some photos if that helps.   

I will offer an APA 1910 Standard of perfection for the silent auction if you are including materials in addition to birds.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 09:37:18 AM by Don »
Don Cash
Matthew 4:9

Paul

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2015, 10:22:12 PM »
Hi Don,

Glad that you are coming!  We need all the help that we can get to make this another great Ameraucana National!  We usually have 100 head of each large fowl and bantams plus a good junior show!  I'm concerned that the extra expense for the AI test and vet inspection health certificate may keep some from showing.

Yes, we will accept the 1910 APA Standard of Perfection!  There may be some History oriented poultry folks there that may decide they have to have it!  We will put it in the silent auction along with the birds.  I've only talked with a few who are going to donate any birds.  I'd like to see us get at least close to $700 which is what was raised last year.
Paul Smith