Author Topic: Bantam Silvers For Sale  (Read 2167 times)

Mike Gilbert

Bantam Silvers For Sale
« on: April 25, 2006, 09:23:19 PM »
Having finished saving hatching eggs for the season, I am offering a pen of the extremely rare bantam silver Ameraucanas.    Two hens, one pullet, and one cockerel.
The male is pugnacious, but is pure silver with no red feathers that I can see at all.   All four birds are hetero for muffs.   That means on average that the chicks will be 25 percent clean faced, 25 percent full muffs and beards, and 50 percent hetero like their parents.    Other than that fault, they are probably as good as can be found anywhere in this particular color variety.   Eggs are a nice shade of blue without the greenish tinge, and they are good layers, but tend to go broody after a sustained period of lay.   I will ship, but the buyer furnishes the box and pays shipping.   No reasonable offer refused.   E-mail me at:  ameraucana@aol.com or call me at (608) 857-3386.

Mike Gilbert

Mike Gilbert

Bantam Silvers For Sale
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2006, 06:02:49 PM »
The silver bantams are sold.     Apparently not much interest in silver ameraucana bantams judging by the lack of response.    These birds would have been a great start for someone interested  in that variety, and willing to raise a bunch to set the full muff & beard trait.

Mike G.