Author Topic: New white chick  (Read 10200 times)

DeWayne Edgin

Re: New white chick
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2015, 05:27:59 PM »
I have whites that came from Wayne and i think he started a few Ameraucana breeds so i may ask him how the whites were started. I kept his white lines and i really like them. So i have been looking for people that also has his lines for breeding. My Wheatens and Buffs also came from Wayne even though he didn`t have Buffs very long, they were nice size birds. History on the Ameraucanas is interesting to learn.

Cesar “CJ”

• ABC Members
  • One is just not enough
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2015, 02:41:44 AM »
crossing the black Ameraucanas with Australorps which was done in an attempt to improve their quality.

Why cross to Australorp? Are they white or yellow skin?

Don

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2015, 11:19:42 AM »
Ceasar,  The thread said that he used Black Australorp with a white male, probably trying to get a larger size with the solid black.  The Austrolorps do have white skin and red ear lobes but lay brown eggs.  But they also are normally a good size, fairly short body type and medium tight feathers.  I remember seeing some that had really nice green sheen and nice wide feathers along the way as well.  I am sure that they were looking for other possible qualities also.  Given the nice blue color of most Black AMs today, the brown egg genes must have not created much of a problem.   
Don Cash
Matthew 4:9

Cesar “CJ”

• ABC Members
  • One is just not enough
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2015, 03:51:06 AM »
Ceasar,  The thread said that he used Black Australorp with a white male, probably trying to get a larger size with the solid black.  The Austrolorps do have white skin and red ear lobes but lay brown eggs.  But they also are normally a good size, fairly short body type and medium tight feathers.  I remember seeing some that had really nice green sheen and nice wide feathers along the way as well.  I am sure that they were looking for other possible qualities also.  Given the nice blue color of most Black AMs today, the brown egg genes must have not created much of a problem.   

Thanks Don !