Author Topic: MIA - I'm back :)  (Read 28862 times)

Birdcrazy

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
Re: MIA - I'm back :)
« Reply #45 on: August 05, 2016, 11:11:39 AM »
Prayers for a steady hand for the Surgeon. Wow, a 4-5 hour nap. Just think of the down time dreaming of that Champion Ameraucana that is in your grow out pens. Perhaps dreaming of all the amazing colors and pictures on the ABC shirts and hoodies! But most of all prayers for a speedy recovery and back to the show circuit!
Gordon Gilliam

Susan Mouw

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
    • Sand Castles Farm
« Reply #46 on: September 09, 2016, 10:22:05 PM »
I can't believe, after the last year and half, I am just days away from the repair for my leaky ear!

The next few days will be a bit hectic, so forgive me if I'm not around much.  Had a couple of folks come by today to pick up birds.  I didn't get the numbers down to where I wanted them, but they're manageable, I think.

I still need to finish up the bulletin and get that out - so keep your fingers crossed that I can stay focused long enough to wrap it up. :)  I will confess to a bit of pre-surgery nerves. :)

Monday calls for a trip back to the VA in Augusta, GA for a mandated nuclear stress test.  The surgeon wouldn't agree to put me under for 5-6 hours without it, so Dr's and Cardiac clinics between Augusta and Charleston have been scrambling this past week to get it done, so we didn't have to re-schedule the surgery.  Good thing, too - I'm tired of eating boiled eggs, raw carrots, and celery!  Can't wait til this is all over so I can get back to eating all the good stuff - hamburgers, french fries, steak...and of course, ice cream. :)

Tuesday is last minute personal pre-op stuff - making sure all the feed bins are full, larder is stocked, etc and then, Wed morning at 3AM, we are off to Charleston.  From what I've been told, surgery will take between 4-6 hours (depends on who you ask), then at least one day in icu and another day or two in a regular room.  Hopefully, home by next Sat, but we'll see.

I told Barry I was taking my cell phone with me into surgery, so I don't miss anything, but if I don't respond to your messages or emails for a few days - be patient and know that I was busted. :) I'll be back online as soon as I can.

I will be sending Clif Barry's phone number, so he can keep track of any updates and I'm trying to get Barry to post them on my page in FB, as well.  However, Barry isn't as "online-addicted" as I am, so I don't know how frequent those updates will be.  Trust me - they won't be lengthy, when they do come, either.  something like "she's out of surgery and still alive" type of thing.

Be blessed, everyone and I'll see you on the other side!
Susan Mouw
Sand Castles Farm
http://www.sandcastlesfarm.com

Jen Mitchell

« Reply #47 on: September 10, 2016, 03:33:34 AM »
Best wishes for an uneventful and smooth procedure followed by a speedy recovery! Will be thinking of you, Susan!

Don

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 10, 2016, 12:06:04 PM »
I echo ravynscroft's comments.  I hope you have a nice restful weekend and good results the first of the week.  You've waited for a long time and I am sure you are ready for some relief.  You and Barry take it slow and don't worry about other stuff right now.    We will be looking forward to updates from Clif.     
Don Cash
Matthew 4:9

Birdcrazy

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 10, 2016, 12:31:24 PM »
Continued prayers for a successful surgery and a fast recovery. Has Barry warned the nurses not to be alarmed at laptop lighting at 3:00am? Old habits are hard to break!
Gordon Gilliam

Don

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2016, 08:10:34 AM »
I am glad that the waiting is finished and that Susan can get ready for some recovery after today.  I pray that everything goes smoothly and that the Drs are able to resolve the issue quickly today.  I know that Barry is on edge more than anyone else during this time.  I look forward to an update as soon as possible from Barry or Clif.   
Don Cash

Jen Mitchell

« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2016, 03:48:43 PM »
I'm not Barry or Clif, but I figured I would pass on the news I just heard for anyone else waiting and not knowing yet.  :)

Susan has made it through the surgery with flying colors! Seems the doctors were able to do the surgery much easier and quicker than they calculated. She is expected to return home tomorrow!!

Don

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 14, 2016, 03:52:06 PM »
Thanks Jen,  That is Great news.  I am glad you were able to get the scoop.  I know that Barry and Susan both can exhale now that the surgery is over.   Great News indeed.   
Don Cash

Birdcrazy

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 14, 2016, 04:56:29 PM »
Thanks Jen for the early scoop on Susan's surgery. That's great news that everything went so well and she is expected home earlier than anticipated!
Gordon Gilliam

Jen Mitchell

« Reply #54 on: September 14, 2016, 09:14:02 PM »
Very welcome, Don and Gordon. Glad to pass the good news around. I have no doubt they are both very relieved and all her friends share that big sigh as well. :)

Paul

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 15, 2016, 07:50:16 AM »
Wonderful news!  Glad things went well.
Paul Smith

Susan Mouw

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
    • Sand Castles Farm
« Reply #56 on: March 21, 2019, 06:36:44 AM »
And, the saga continues....

As some of you are aware, I had the brain CT scan, with contrast last Tues (3/12/19) at the Augusta University Hospital. This past Tues (3/19/19), I received the results from Dr. Seyyeddi, who is the otoneurologist that ordered the scan.

The CT scan does show another gap in the brain pan, with an active cerebrospinal fluid leak into the middle ear. My appt with Dr Seyyeddi, who ordered the brain scan, is next Wed (3/27/19) to "discuss my options". Of course, Barry and I already know the options - new surgery or no new surgery, and the second one isn't a viable option. With an active leak, there is a risk of infection traveling into the brain and into the spinal column; they have specifically stated meningitis as a risk.

So, now we know and we move forward. Whether this has any impact on my "episodes" or not remains to be seen.
Susan Mouw
Sand Castles Farm
http://www.sandcastlesfarm.com