Author Topic: White Ameraucanas Available  (Read 2796 times)

Jean

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pipsandpeeps.com
White Ameraucanas Available
« on: August 21, 2015, 11:21:14 AM »
Contact Kraig Shafer in Ohio - kshafer@watchtv.net

Started birds.
Jean

Don

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
Re: White Ameraucanas Available
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2015, 01:28:49 PM »
I think this is the old line that came from Fosbrink to Anne Foley.   I wrote with them when they were offering eggs on Ebay, Matt Parker showed them for a few years after Anne died.  I think there are several family members in Ohio that have been increasing this flock for the past years. 

Quote from Anne Foley post

2010 National Wish List
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2010, 02:40:21 PM »

Paul, let us know what if you are looking for certain qualities (ie. size, comb, muffs, etc) more than others.  Anne Foley will have LF Blacks and Whites for sale at KY and the Ohio National.  Most of the cockerels I have kept this year are over the standard weight as I feel small size is an issue with the large fowl.  I just weighed my first hatch of black pullets and the average was 4lbs 13oz with the smallest at 4lbs 2oz and the heaviest at 5lbs 8oz.  The cockerel I used to get them weighed in at exactly 8lb in January when I put him with my breeder hens.  The whites are stock from Carl Fosbrink who had them for about 7 years and never showed them.  I am bringing a couple extra cockerels because they have excellent combs and nice type.  I haven\'t weighed them yet but I\'ve already culled the smaller ones so what is left will be at or above the standard.  The white cock bird I used was Carl\'s oldest.  He weighed 8lb 1oz in January but I\'m not sure his pullets will be as big as the ones from my blacks, probably due to the overall smaller size of the breeder hens.  Looking forward to seeing everyone at the National!
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 02:31:49 PM by Don »
Don Cash
Matthew 4:9