Author Topic: Heart of the Ozarks Poultry Association Catalog/entry forms are available online  (Read 3926 times)

Paul

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
  Jacob Bates, now has the 2015 HOTOPA show catalog on line!  It may be accessed by www.hotopa.com .  Arkansas is not allowing any waterfowl at their poultry shows due to AI.  Jacob says “that there should be plenty room”, but don’t wait till the entries close (October 23) to enter as there is a 1200 bird limit.  All out of state poultry must have a negative Avian Influenza Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) test within 30 days prior to entry for exhibition or sale, and a certificate of veterinary inspection, in addition to the Pullorum-Typhoid paper work.

I recommend that you start searching for a vet that can/will perform the AI test ASAP.  We checked with five in our area before finding one that was willing to do the required test.  The vet clinic that I have used for almost 50 years declined doing the test-even though they did them for us the last time AI was a threat in the US.  That year Angela and I were the only Texas exhibitors at Shawnee, Oklahoma due to the required AI test.  The clinic is now being served by new veterinarians who don’t won’t to deal with chickens.  The clinic that we found that is willing to do the AI test is charging $7.50 per head, a $12 one time fee and $52.75 for the out of state health certificate.  Unfortunately the extra expense may cause our ABC national meet to be smaller in number of birds exhibited, than what I had hoped for.  We are planning on showing 25 to 30 head.  Earlier, Matthew wasn’t going to come/show due to a conflicting hog show, but has decided to attend/show/help with our ABC national meet.

We will need volunteers to help with the ABC table, egg judging, silent bird auction (proceeds go to 2016 national meet awards fund).  Still, accepting donated Ameraucanas for silent auction!  I’ll be busy with BV and RV photos and figuring display points.  Sharon Caywood has researched the area restaurants and is now in the process of booking one for our awards/dinner!  Will announce which one in the near future.

HOPE TO SEE YOU at FAYETTEVILLE, Nov. 7 & 8, 2015.

Paul, Angela and Matthew
Paul Smith

Paul

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
  Sharon Caywood has managed to get the local Golden Corral to reserve tables for our ABC members to have a get-together meal and awards presentation at 7:00 PM on Saturday Night November 7!

Paul Smith

Susan Mouw

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
    • Sand Castles Farm
The catalog is also available on our website here:

http://www.ameraucana.org/docs/hotopa_catalog_9-27-2015.pdf
Susan Mouw
Sand Castles Farm
http://www.sandcastlesfarm.com