Author Topic: My first Meet!  (Read 2874 times)

Susan Mouw

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
    • Sand Castles Farm
My first Meet!
« on: October 11, 2015, 08:33:20 PM »
Well, I finally did it.  After a couple of false starts over the last two years, I finally actually made it to a poultry show, with birds in tow!

I took 6 birds - two black pullets (from Paul Smith), two blue wheaten pullets (from Paul Smith), and two more blue wheaten pullets from my breeding. I had planned on taking a couple of cockerals, but they just weren't ready for prime time.

Black Pullet #6b - BV, BB, AOSB in both shows
Black Pullet #4b - RV, RB, Reserve AOSB in second show

Blue Wheaten Pullet #70b - BV in both, RB, Reserve AOSB in first show
Blue Wheaten Pullet #6y - RV in both shows

I'm using this as my training meet - what to do different next time, things that went well, things that didn't go so well....Next up - District Meet in December.
Susan Mouw
Sand Castles Farm
http://www.sandcastlesfarm.com

Birdcrazy

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
Re: My first Meet!
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2015, 09:21:45 PM »
Susan, I'm jealous! it has been a pretty quiet year around here with our state and most of the surrounding states banning all shows. I was tempted to go to Missouri as they still have shows but ban all out of state birds. We haven't had a local poultry club meeting since March. Normally we are in last minute mode with a meeting at least once a month to finalize plans for our show. No auctions, sale barn sales or swap meets (all banned by the state until Jan 1, 2016) to have an excuse to meet and talk chicken with others.

Congratulations on your show experience and results. It looks like you did very well and did more than get your feet wet! Keep up the good work showing your Ameraucanas. For those of you who haven't tried it yet, get in there, it's great fun.
Gordon Gilliam

Paul

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2015, 08:39:32 AM »
  Congratulations!!!...?  Next up-District meet in December?  Skipped National Meet-November 7 & 8 in Fayetteville, Arkansas???

I have read that Missouri lifter their ban on our of state birds!  We moved our district meet to Shawnee, OK. due to the ban-and now its no longer in effect!  May try their show next year!  I'll poll the ABC members who show and decide later!

Entries close Oct. 23 for Fayetteville, and the birds must be tested for AI-which is expensive.

Paul Smith

Susan Mouw

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
    • Sand Castles Farm
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2015, 02:52:05 PM »
  Congratulations!!!...?  Next up-District meet in December?  Skipped National Meet-November 7 & 8 in Fayetteville, Arkansas???

Well, that was for the chickens, since I wasn't bringing birds to the Nationals... :) Their next show is the District Meet in December.  lol
Susan Mouw
Sand Castles Farm
http://www.sandcastlesfarm.com