Author Topic: Poultry Tractors  (Read 9650 times)

Birdcrazy

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
Re: Poultry Tractors
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2016, 08:00:11 AM »

Let me know what you think of the waterer! Don't carry it upside down by the base! Hold the whole thing, or you will be laughing at yourself later! :)

If you hear me laughing, you'll know I did it. I've been known to do dumb things even when warned. If my mom was still alive you could ask her!
Gordon Gilliam

Sarah Meaders

• ABC Members
    • View Profile
Re: Poultry Tractors
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2016, 11:05:20 AM »
Temp was 2 degrees this morning. Yes....TWO...This morning, my chickens aren't even fluffed up! They are acting like it is spring or something! Haha! One of my Casas (Paul Smith baby from Texas) escaped as I was bringing in a feed refill...she zipped out the door super fast and excited to be free....and after a few steps, she literally stopped dead in her tracks! She looked back at me as if I was a traitor! The wind hit her, she got super still, fluffed up her feathers and wouldn't move! Haha! It was so funny! I had to go get her and put her back in the pen. She didn't try to escape after that! But that really lets me know they are cozy inside their pens. I am very happy with our set up.

The waterers have thus far passed the test, too. Water was not even a little frozen. Now tonight, it is set to dip sub zero, so we will see! But at 2 degrees, I am happy!
Proclaim Yahweh's greatness with me! Let us exhale His name together! Psalm 34:3