Author Topic: In dire need of a blue or black large fowl rooster!!  (Read 5312 times)

Briana Moore

• ABC Members
    • View Profile
    • Mo's Mini Farm
In dire need of a blue or black large fowl rooster!!
« on: February 22, 2016, 12:56:13 AM »
I have a pen full of black, blue and splash hens, but no rooster to keep them in line.  :-\

I am looking for a large fowl young cockerel as close as possible to breeding age. I have Paul Smith lines, so I need something unrelated or at least distantly related. I'd really prefer a blue, but I will take a black , if necessary. Even better - if you have two roosters that can go in the same pen together, that would be great, too! I have 16 hens, so two roos would be a plus.  ;D

Must be NPIP. If you're within a 2-4 hour drive from central AL, I'd love to just pick him (them) up to avoid shipping stress. Otherwise, let me know what shipping would run to 35146 zip. TIA!

Cesar “CJ”

• ABC Members
  • One is just not enough
    • View Profile
Re: In dire need of a blue or black large fowl rooster!!
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2016, 03:57:42 AM »
I have a pen full of black, blue and splash hens, but no rooster to keep them in line.  :-\

I am looking for a large fowl young cockerel as close as possible to breeding age. I have Paul Smith lines, so I need something unrelated or at least distantly related. I'd really prefer a blue, but I will take a black , if necessary. Even better - if you have two roosters that can go in the same pen together, that would be great, too! I have 16 hens, so two roos would be a plus.  ;D

Must be NPIP. If you're within a 2-4 hour drive from central AL, I'd love to just pick him (them) up to avoid shipping stress. Otherwise, let me know what shipping would run to 35146 zip. TIA!

Are you NPIP?

Briana Moore

• ABC Members
    • View Profile
    • Mo's Mini Farm
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2016, 10:32:52 AM »
No, I am not yet NPIP. Why does that matter?

Don

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2016, 12:57:15 PM »
Briana,  Have you contacted the folks on the Breeders Directory in states around you?  Even if they don't have stock one might know of someone close that might help.  A number of folks do not list on the Directory because of spam.  And I know many members that don't read the Forum often either.  There is a show this coming weekend near Augusta if you might be able to meet someone there.     Good Luck with your search! 
Don Cash
Matthew 4:9

Cesar “CJ”

• ABC Members
  • One is just not enough
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2016, 02:59:00 PM »

I was just curious if you were, and if thats why you stated they had to be NPIP.

Briana Moore

• ABC Members
    • View Profile
    • Mo's Mini Farm
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2016, 09:44:19 PM »
Briana,  Have you contacted the folks on the Breeders Directory in states around you?  Even if they don't have stock one might know of someone close that might help.  A number of folks do not list on the Directory because of spam.  And I know many members that don't read the Forum often either.  There is a show this coming weekend near Augusta if you might be able to meet someone there.     Good Luck with your search!

I have contacted several on the Breeders Directory who are within driving distance, but I'm not having any luck. I've even reached out to a handful of others that I know who raise pure Ams...still not having any luck.

I just attended the show in Newnan last weekend - really no luck there. I didn't know about one in Augusta and will have to check on that. Not sure I can swing two weekends in a row, though. :(

Briana Moore

• ABC Members
    • View Profile
    • Mo's Mini Farm
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2016, 09:48:18 PM »

I was just curious if you were, and if thats why you stated they had to be NPIP.

Mostly, I just feel more assured that the chickens are healthy since I don't personally know anyone I'd be purchasing from. I do plan to seek NPIP as soon as the weather gets better for us to have the inspection.

Don

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2016, 07:21:30 AM »
Hi Briana,  Did your leads work out so that you could hatch soon this season?  I hope you get to come out to some shows this year too.  Let Paul know if you have local shows that you think would make good locations for several members to show and promote the breed.   
Don Cash
Matthew 4:9