The Official Forum of the Ameraucana Breeders Club > Exhibiting & Promoting

Hardware Store chicks

<< < (3/3)

Temple DaSilva:

--- Quote from: Don on March 02, 2018, 06:47:51 PM ---
       The hatchery description from the website:
Every backyard flock needs a colored egg layer. Our Americana will give you an assortment of colors from turquoise, to olive to light brown. The Americana breed comes from the Araucana and Ameraucana mix and has different color plumage variations. It is because of this genetic combination that our birds are not meant for exhibition. APPROX. 240 MEDIUM EGGS/YEAR | EGG COLORS: BLUE, GREEN, LIGHT BROWN | MATURE WT: MALE 5.5 LBS. FEMALE 4.5 LBS.

--- End quote ---

Interesting, Don.  That's not the description TSC is using....

Don:
our hardware store had one tub of their chicks listed as Araucana this weekend.  I glanced in to see the usual mixture of different color striped chicks and all that I saw had tails.  No telling where this crop came from or if they were a straight run selection. I dared not ask. 

I noticed the TSC website has a few low reviews but more good reviews as well.  I've never tried to herd cats but I have grand children.  The Myth of Sisyphus comes to mind, smh.   

Birdcrazy:
I went to TSC Saturday for chicken feed. As I strolled by the chicks and ducklings, a floor person came up to me and really wanted me to buy some. I politely said "NO" but she kept insisting I should buy some. I told her I was there to buy feed for my already birds at home. They must be desperate to move them out! I admit that the weather here has not been great for the hatchlings. COLD,SNOW, AND HIGH WINDS! I'm still starting to gather a few eggs though and hope to fire up the incubator by the end of this week. Yes Susan some of the eggs are from your trio of Blacks purchased from the 2017 National show. Those southern pullets were some of the first to start laying in this cold northern weather. I guess that they have adjusted well!

Susan Mouw:
Gordon - I can't wait to see what you get out of that trio!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version