Author Topic: Splash Wheaten LF chicks or hatching eggs  (Read 4511 times)

Don

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
Splash Wheaten LF chicks or hatching eggs
« on: March 23, 2016, 07:19:22 AM »
I have someone looking for a group of SW LF youngsters this spring.  My breeding pens are not set up SW/SW so I can't promise this result in the day olds.  Anyone who have this option Please contact me and I will put you in touch.      Thanks!        drc 
Don Cash
Matthew 4:9

Sarah Meaders

• ABC Members
    • View Profile
Re: Splash Wheaten LF chicks or hatching eggs
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2016, 08:46:14 PM »
Don, I do hope to hatch some SW's later this season, but not sure how many yet. Can you direct them to the FB page for the project? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1549961135322766/

We have several breeders on there! :)
Proclaim Yahweh's greatness with me! Let us exhale His name together! Psalm 34:3

Peggy Taylor

• ABC Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2016, 06:19:16 PM »
I am not sure what I will have. Hopefully something.  I have put 5 Blue Wheaten hens and  a Splash pullet together with my Blue Wheaten cock to work on this Splash project.  This group is large fowl but I am also working with a trio of Blue Wheaten Bantams toward the Splash in the Bantams as well.

Peggy

Don

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2016, 09:33:16 PM »
Peggy,  Thank you for your offering.  This breeder is looking for a small number of Splash Wheaten chicks, day old or young started, to keep as a laying flock.  He is already working with a similar bantam group.  Even as 6-8 week old started chicks I am not sure I can tell between Blue Wheaten and Splash Wheaten females for certain.  I was hoping some folks might have a Splash Wheaten/splash wheaten mating so that all of the chicks will be Splash Wheaten.  He could get a smaller number and focus on these.  With my Blue Wheaten/Splash Wheaten matings I can only guess which 50% would be either Blue/W or Splash Wheaten as day-olds.   If no one has anything available, he might be interested later in a 50-BW/50-SW group. 
Don Cash
Matthew 4:9

Sarah Meaders

• ABC Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2016, 02:43:30 PM »
I am not sure what I will have. Hopefully something.  I have put 5 Blue Wheaten hens and  a Splash pullet together with my Blue Wheaten cock to work on this Splash project.  This group is large fowl but I am also working with a trio of Blue Wheaten Bantams toward the Splash in the Bantams as well.

Peggy

Peggy, pretty sure I already know the answer to this, but you DO mean splash wheaten, not splash, right? Just double checking, especially for us newbies and for those who may not understand the difference. :) So glad to have you working on this!
Proclaim Yahweh's greatness with me! Let us exhale His name together! Psalm 34:3

Peggy Taylor

• ABC Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2016, 12:51:38 PM »
Yes Mam...Splash Wheaten not Splash....Sometimes my fingers and my brain do  not mesh too well.  Senior moment maybe ??