Author Topic: Carolina Feather Fanciers Show, April 9, 2016 , Greensboro NC  (Read 3799 times)

Susan Mouw

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
    • Sand Castles Farm
I have just received notification that this show has been cancelled.  I will try to confirm tomorrow.
Susan Mouw
Sand Castles Farm
http://www.sandcastlesfarm.com

Don

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
Re: Carolina Feather Fanciers Show, April 9, 2016 , Greensboro NC
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2016, 08:27:46 AM »
I've an email and a phone call confirming that the show has been canceled.  The AG Center is undergoing renovation and will not be completed for the weekend.  I am not sure about full scope of reno, but the club has a pretty extensive breakfast/lunch concession and the kitchen is being updated. 

They have scheduled a show in the fall, Dec 17 I think and welcome everyone there.  The club normally only has a spring show, so I am not sure about future show dates beyond this one. 
Don Cash
Matthew 4:9

Susan Mouw

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
    • Sand Castles Farm
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2016, 10:48:16 AM »
I will change it on the calender and on the website.  Are we still planning to do a Meet there in Dec?

If so, I will mark it on my calendar :)
Susan Mouw
Sand Castles Farm
http://www.sandcastlesfarm.com

Don

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2016, 11:24:52 AM »
I would just mark the show canceled for now.  I am curious how many birds were entered at this show.  I would like to see the show dates line up for this fall and talk to folks to see what shows they want to congregate for this fall.  The more folks at each show the better the breed is promoted. 
Don Cash

Michelle Ogden

• ABC Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2016, 07:49:24 PM »
I was looking up the info to share with someone and saw it was cancelled. Ugh...
Wasn't this the one that most folks were able to meet at? I was really looking forward to meeting new people...

Don

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2016, 07:57:09 AM »
Michele,  I am not sure how many birds were entered before the cancellation.   I know lots of folks have their birds in the breeding pens and don't show in the spring as much.  This club has been wanting to move their show to the fall so this gives them the momentum to do so.   But the date is late in the year for many folks too.

It would be great if we could decide early which shows make the best locations and dates for this fall.  Some have already mentioned that they will not be able to travel to the west coast National.  So we might be able to promote a few eastern locations, (SE show?), for a bigger meet(s).  This would also give folks an opportunity to show larger numbers of the varieties working toward acceptance into the standard.   
Don Cash