The Official Forum of the Ameraucana Breeders Club > Exhibiting & Promoting

Junior Awards

(1/3) > >>

Hannah Brush:
Hi, I wanted to discuss a topic about junior awards to work towards. As of now juniors only have one tiltle to work towards in the shows. That title is know as the Junior Master Exhibitor award and it consists of 100 points, but when we pass our 100 points we have nothing to work towards and have no goal in the junior show anymore. I don't want to go to the open shows to earn points if I dont have to. I'm suggesting that we should be able be able to add more titles or awards for juniors to work for.
Thanks

Don:
Sounds like a good idea.  What other titles do you think might work to entice more folks to show in the Junior category?   Any other Juniors have any ideas?  Paul, how many more years is Matthew able to show as a junior?

Susan Mouw:
Don't forget that we do have the Annual, District, and National High Point awards - for Juniors and Open classes.  These are cash awards.  Right now the awards are:

Annual High Point Awards - Open winner - $100, Junior winner - $50

Annual High Point Awards by District - Open - $35, Junior - $20

National High Point Awards (points earned at the National) - Open - $50, Junior - $25

Paul:
  Matthew has two more years.  Don't forget last year the board voted to keep a high points award for each district for both Juniors and open show exhibitors.  Then if I remember correctly there is a traveling plaque for high point open individual to be awarded (figured) from national meet to national meet.
Max Strawn has it now and was the first one to receive it!

Hannah Brush:
Just a suggestion that a few of us juniors had was the grand master exhibitor award along with anything anybody wanted to add.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version