Author Topic: Telemarketers... UGH!  (Read 4327 times)

Temple DaSilva

Telemarketers... UGH!
« on: July 27, 2016, 11:47:41 AM »
Anyone else getting calls from Sierra Industries trying to sell them rat poison and rust inhibitor?  He told me he got my name from an Ameraucana breeders list so I wasn't sure if he was calling everyone or I was just the lucky one.  :-(

-Temple in CT

Birdcrazy

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
Re: Telemarketers... UGH!
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2016, 05:14:36 PM »
No Temple, that one is a new one for me. I guess I would tell them that all of my Ameraucanas are Rust exempted. I have never seen a case of rust on any of my birds. But, wow, telemarketers can be a pain! The one that one that I get most is the guy that says he is calling about my windows. He has such a foreign accent that you can't hardly understand him. If you let him go on he says he is calling to fix my Microsoft windows. Now, before he finishes about calling on my windows I butt in and say "That's fine I already have windows in my house, Goodbye" or " I have Anderson windows". I have even went so far as to say 'Whats a computer, I don't believe I have one of those" Some times he hangs up on me and some times I get the privilege!
Gordon Gilliam

Susan Mouw

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
    • Sand Castles Farm
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2016, 06:16:44 PM »
I had someone else send me an email, requesting their phone number be removed, for the same reason.  Might be time for me to write them a letter.

Susan Mouw
Sand Castles Farm
http://www.sandcastlesfarm.com

Don

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2016, 08:33:57 PM »
Sales calls are constant on our home phone and we've even started getting them on our cell numbers.  I used to have a guy call me regularly to sell me 55 gal drums of weed killer.  But now none of them seem to abide by the "do not call list" and don't seem to care when you mention it.  "Rachael from Card member services" is a regular caller as well as the bad accent callers wanting to fix my computer.  I often will try to string them along for a while, ask them which computer, what country they are calling from, tell them that there are 2 dozen people living in our house.  But it doesn't slow them down.  It's gotten to the point that I really don't even worry about answering the home phone.  What I really need to do is introduce them to the Nigerian princes that keep sending me emails.  They should be able to entertain each other nicely.   
Don Cash
Matthew 4:9

Susan Mouw

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
    • Sand Castles Farm
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2016, 11:34:36 AM »
You might want to list your number, if you haven't done so already, to the National Do No Call Registry.  After 30 days on the list, if a telemarketer calls you - they are breaking the law and you can file a complaint against them.  I had to do that with a company that kept calling me to extend my auto warranty after we bought the Chevy in January.

Here is the link for the registry and how to file a complaint:

https://www.donotcall.gov/
Susan Mouw
Sand Castles Farm
http://www.sandcastlesfarm.com

Temple DaSilva

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2016, 01:13:22 PM »
I often will try to string them along for a while, ask them which computer, what country they are calling from, tell them that there are 2 dozen people living in our house.  But it doesn't slow them down. r nicely.

HAHAHA Don!  I tell them I don't even own a computer.  MIND BLOWN.  They have absolutely no response to that as if that can't possibly be a reality anywhere in the world these days!

Temple DaSilva

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2016, 01:15:58 PM »
I have even went so far as to say 'Whats a computer, I don't believe I have one of those" Some times he hangs up on me and some times I get the privilege!

No computer works every time for me!