Temple DaSilva:
Forsyth Fowl Fanciers Show
http://www.poultryshowcentral.com/Forsyth_Fowl_Fanciers.html
Winston-Salem, NC
Mark East
(336) 341-9281
statefan10@yahoo.com

Don:
The Forsyth Show is the SE District meet and the deadline is coming up fast.  You can email Mark East for a copy of the show catalog and I will try to copy here.  Please be aware that out of state entries will require an A-I test this year.    And feel free to contact me if you have questions.    Thanks and Good Luck!      drc

Forsyth Fowl Fanciers Association   Fall Show   11/26/2016
Dixie Classic Fairgrounds 421 West 27th Street Winston-Salem,NC 27105

Judges For This Show
Tim Bowles               APA      Ohio
 Lewis Cunningham   APA ABA     Ohio
Jackie Koedatich      APA ABA     Delaware

Entry Fee is $3.00 per bird , plus $1 clean up fee per exhibitor (all to be paid before judging).

We accept standard chickens, bantam chickens and bantam ducks. We will no longer accept large ducks.

Closing Date is Sunday, November 20th

You can enter in one of three ways, mail to: Mark East, 5625 James East Drive, Kernersville, NC 27284

E-   mail to: statefanl O@vahoo.com  or call in to: 336-341-9281between 6pm and 9pm only please.

***********************NOTICE***********************
All out of state birds will be required to have a current Avian Influenza test. The test must be taken within 3 weeks prior to our show. Please have your documentation with you to present to the Dept. of AG reps. The Forsyth Fowl Fanciers regret any hardship this may cause but we are required to strictly enforce this rule.
Thank you in advance for meeting this requirement.

State testers WILL check your GREEN CARD if you are selling birds, be sure to have yours current and with you. If you need a Green Card, write to the NC Dept. of Agriculture &Consumer Services, Veterinary Division, 1030 Mail Service Center, Raleigh, NC 27699-1030.
DO NOT BRING ANY UNTESTED BIRDS TO SELL ON THE FAIRGROUNDS !II
     Blood Testing
North Carolina requires that all birds be tested for Pullorum and Typhoid and wear a test band. Have your test papers and/or card with you or your birds may have to be retested. We suggest that you have your birds tested before you arrive at the show. Testers will be here from 3pm thru 7pm on Friday and until 9am on Saturday.
                  Meets for this Show
APA,  ABA I   OLD ENGLISH GAME BANTAM CLUB OF AMERICA,  Rosecomb Bantam
Federation, BELGIAN D'ANVER CLUB,  COCHINS INTERNATIONAL I    American Silkie Club, Modern Game Bantam Club, Ameraucana  Breeders Club District Meet, Cornish Club, Other meets are pending

Susan Mouw:
After a few emails back and forth to our State AI Inspector and our State NPIP Coordinator, as well as to Mark East, here is a clarification on the NPIP/AI requirements:

If you are NPIP/AI certified clean (a participant in the NPIP program, have your property inspected once a year, and have P/T tests performed annually and AI tests performed every six months), you do not have to have your birds AI tested within 20 days of the show!  You do need to bring your most recent test results, your NPIP card, and make sure all birds being shown have NPIP bands - either wing or leg bands.

Here are the emails (the relevent ones):

Susan Mouw <samouw@gmail.com>

AttachmentsNov 3 (8 days ago)

to Mark, Bradford, Julie
Hi Mark

I contacted our State Tester, Bradford Smith, about getting my birds re-tested before the show who, in turn, contacted our NPIP State Coordinator, Dr. Julie Helms.  I've attached her reply below.  Since I am NPIP and AI Clean, I should not need to get my birds re-tested (My annual inspection was done in September and I test for AI every six months).

Please confirm that I will be able to show my birds at Forsyth Fowl Fanciers with the proper documentation.

Thank you

Julie Helm

Nov 3 (8 days ago)

to Bradford, me

Susan,

You are already NPIP Pullorum and AI Clean – you do not need to retest for AI.  Entrance into the state of NC requires either NPIP AI Clean or individually tested within 3 weeks of the show.

This is why you are AI Clean – to make it easier.

Bring your NPIP Flock card – and originally Pullorum test sheet – and AI lab results paper to show them.

If the show people fuss because you didn’t do it within 3 weeks – tell them you are NPIP AI Clean which means you are good for 6 months after your last AI test.  And they can call the NC NPIP people to confirm about the NPIP AI Clean rules.  Just in case they do not understand NPIP testing.

julie

Mark East

Nov 3 (8 days ago)

to me
Hey Susan
I agree that you will not have to get your birds tested at our show. I had the Dept of ag guys at the house today and they read your emails and they agree with us too! They said for you to be sure that you bring your paperwork and be sure all your birds are banded.  I look forward to meeting you at the show.
Mark

Susan Mouw:
Just emailed my entries to Mark :)

Don:
The show is just next Saturday, so send your entries in to Mark East by email this weekend.  It would be great to have some new folks showing AMs this year.  But even if you can't show, come on out and enjoy the fellowship and talk Ameraucanas.  I know that Susan, Maggie and Jeff and Cheryl are planning to make the trip.  We even hear rumors that a couple of folks from TX are going to make an appearance. And the club always has a great concession stand with homemade baked goods and even homemade chili or Pintos and Hot dogs too.    Hope you can make it out. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version