The Official Forum of the Ameraucana Breeders Club > Past Meets

Forsyth Fowl Fanciers Show, 11/26/16, Winston-Salem, NC

<< < (2/4) > >>

Susan Mouw:
Brought the first four in tonight for bathing tomorrow.  Of course, only three of those four are actually going, but I still can't decide between two cockerels.  So, I just figured I'd bath both of them and decide at the last minute.  lol

Four more come in tomorrow night for bathing Monday, then four more Monday night for bathing Tuesday...

Susan Mouw:
Birds in crates, crates in car...check
Feed for 2 days mixed and in car...check
Water for 2 days mixed with vitamins and in car...check
Feed and water cups loaded...check
chair loaded...check
crate dolly loaded...check
NPIP/AI Paperwork printed and in car...check
Grooming kit in car....check
Rosettes, meet awards, meet report in car...check
ABC banner in car...check

I know I'm forgetting something. I'll probably remember what it is around 5AM tomorrow morning halfway to Winston-Salem.

Birdcrazy:
Susan, don't forget to have FUN!

Don:
The SE District Meet was held this past Saturday at the Dixie Classic Fairgrounds in Winston-Salem NC.  The weather was clear and sunny but not quite as warm as we might would have liked.  Jeff and Cheryl Vance provided a canopy, coffee and sweets for the AM fanciers to enjoy.  It provided a good place for everyone to gather and enjoy talking about AMs and club business alike.  A fair amount of ribbing was included in the discussions. 

Early in the morning someone realized that a prominent exhibitor's entry had not been included in the show tags.  But the club worked together to rearrange the classes affected and made adjustments so that all birds could be judged with like color classes.  Best of Breed LF and Ch AM went to Susan's Black C. and RB LF went to a White hen by Jim Wheeler.  Best of Breed Bantam went to Maggie Maier on a Silver Pullet and RB went to a Wheaten Male by a new member Kristina Wilson.  Congratulations to all of the winners.  Nice representation of the Breed.  Everyone seemed to have a great time and the show was complete and most everyone left by 3pm.   Some of the exhibitors are still traveling at this time and I hope might pipe in with comments as they can.  Pictures were taken and a show report was filled out by Susan before the show concluded.  So More info will follow along with some pictures of the winners.  Thanks to everyone that came out to enjoy the show!  There were several that had hoped to come out and were not able to make the date.  You were missed and we hope to see you in the spring.

Birdcrazy:

--- Quote from: Don on November 27, 2016, 10:15:00 AM ---  A fair amount of ribbing was included in the discussions. 

--- End quote ---

Don, Sorry I missed the show and the ribbing! Could you post the ribbing in more detail? Sounds like you all had a great time!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version