Author Topic: Entering Trio or Display  (Read 3602 times)

Susan Mouw

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
    • Sand Castles Farm
Entering Trio or Display
« on: September 25, 2016, 11:35:56 AM »
Ok..newbie question :)

I will be attending the Dixie Classic in December and I just noticed on the entry form a column for Young Trio, Old Trio, or Display, as well as the columns for the normal breed/variety/sex, etc.

So...how do I enter those?  If I want to have, for example, a wheaten young trio, do I enter them separately as cockerel and two pullets, and just check off that they are part of a young trio? Is there a separate entry fee for the young trio, in addition to the individual entry fees for those three birds?

What constitutes a display group?
Susan Mouw
Sand Castles Farm
http://www.sandcastlesfarm.com

Don

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
Re: Entering Trio or Display
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2016, 04:42:22 PM »
I don't think most shows charge extra for the trios or displays.  But if its not explained in the show catalog I would shoot the show secretary a note to ask for sure.  Same on how to mark it on the entry form.  Some of the forms are more straight forward than others.  But if you mark clear and simple entries most experienced secretaries can figure it out.  I have a few that would call to ask questions to make sure how they should be listed. 
One goal in Trios is to have a balanced mating with both females close alike. 

Displays are Cock, Hen, Cockerel, Pullet and a trio, or three other birds if trios aren't included in the show, all in the same color.   As I recall there are two different ways to calculate the points to compare trios and displays if there are more than one shown.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 04:49:52 PM by Don »
Don Cash
Matthew 4:9

Birdcrazy

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2016, 04:49:46 PM »

Displays are Cock, Hen, Cockerel, Pullet and three other birds all in the same color. 

Shows that I have attended or catalogs read have a display listed as Cock, Hen, Cockerel, Pullet and a trio either OT or YT.
Gordon Gilliam

Ernie Haire

• ABC Members
  • Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2016, 03:06:58 PM »
We enter trios and/or Displays at some shows. If the show offers a class for Trios, there has to be a Trio in the display along with another cock, hen, cockerel, and pullet. This combination will make a total of at least 7 birds of the same breed and variety.

If entering a show that does not offer a class for Trios, there must be a total of 7 birds from the same breed and variety with at least one cock, hen, cockerel, and pullet.

Ernie