Poll

Where would you as members like to see the National Show for 2017 be heald we have 4 bids?

Wisconsin International Sept 22-24, 2017, Portage, WI. rebate of $1 per bird up to $200, BB & RB trophies, Pick of listed judges
0 (0%)
MN state show  Oct. 28-29, 2017, Hutchinson, MN, insentive $50 for the BB bantam and BB Large fowl, and 4 plaques for BB and RB in bantam and Large Fowl. Must have 25 bantams and large fowl to get awards.
5 (71.4%)
IL-MO Bantam Club Nov. 4, 2017, Highland, IL, rebate of 50cents per ameraucana
1 (14.3%)
Red Hill Bantam Club, Nov, 25, 2017, Mt. Carmel, IL
1 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closed: October 11, 2016, 10:23:30 AM

Author Topic: 2017 National Meet location  (Read 8310 times)

jwoodhaven

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Associate
    • View Profile
    • http://www.woodhavenpoultry.com
2017 National Meet location
« on: October 02, 2016, 10:23:30 AM »
Please vote for one option above and the results will appear after the poll has expired on the 12 of Oct. This is just to see where members would like to see the next national.

Don

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
Re: 2017 National Meet location
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2016, 01:39:57 PM »
Hey Jerry,  Some of us are not familiar with these shows.  Would it be possible to give a little info on the size and maybe your opinion of each of these clubs and locations?  The first two are pretty early in the season.  The second two clubs are named bantams but I expect they include LF in their shows too?    Thanks!     
Don Cash
Matthew 4:9

jwoodhaven

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2016, 05:25:07 PM »
Here is an attachment from Gordon Gillman and myself.

Ernie Haire

• ABC Members
  • Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2016, 05:26:55 PM »
First two are way too early for us to even consider. Distance always plays a role on where we go, but our birds would not be molted by then. It is too hot here to think about hauling birds at that time.

Ernie

Paul

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2016, 08:16:36 AM »
  It looks like the IL.-MO. and Red Hill require NPIP and do not accept state equivalent, so that would eliminate some from being able to show.  We have shown at both of the other two shows!

Paul Smith

Susan Mouw

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
    • Sand Castles Farm
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2016, 09:29:12 AM »
It looks like the two biggest shows are also the two earliest shows, but they are also the ones that will accept NPIP or equivalent health certs.

Wasn't our National in 2014 in October?
Susan Mouw
Sand Castles Farm
http://www.sandcastlesfarm.com

Ernie Haire

• ABC Members
  • Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2016, 11:06:33 AM »
Trying to plan any National Show has always and will always be difficult. If it is late enough in the fall/winter for those of us in the South to be finished molting, some of our friends in the north are frozen in. I have friends who are enjoying temperatures in the 50-60 range in September, while it is in the high 90's here in Texas.  We just have to pick a place and a date and deal with it.

Just Saying,
Ernie

Don

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2016, 12:03:04 PM »
Thanks Jerry and Gordon for the information, the Matrix is very helpful.   I think that the Il-Mo show is the best choice if you take into account size, location and time of year for folks in the southern portions of the country.  I agree that its never going to be perfect for everyone.  And we always stand a chance in having bad weather the later in the year and farther north.   I wonder if you have a later back up show in case something happens next year in the State of choice?  Everyone please chime in as early as possible so Jerry and Gordon can have your input.   
Don Cash

Clif Redden

• ABC Members
  • Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2016, 03:10:40 AM »
 I like IL -MO.

Cesar “CJ”

• ABC Members
  • One is just not enough
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2016, 05:23:15 PM »
Thanks Jerry and Gordon for the information, the Matrix is very helpful.   I think that the Il-Mo show is the best choice if you take into account size, location and time of year for folks in the southern portions of the country.  I agree that its never going to be perfect for everyone.  And we always stand a chance in having bad weather the later in the year and farther north.   I wonder if you have a later back up show in case something happens next year in the State of choice?  Everyone please chime in as early as possible so Jerry and Gordon can have your input.   

What about the western portion of the country? People live out there too lol

Don

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2016, 05:24:02 PM »
I don't think the vote included all of the comments listed on the forum.  When was the deadline for votes?  But I will be happy to hear when the location is decided, soon I hope.  Thanks Jerry and Gordon.   
Don Cash

Birdcrazy

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2016, 10:27:31 PM »
Don, results from the voting should be released on 10/12/2016.
Gordon Gilliam

Birdcrazy

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2016, 03:26:42 PM »
Voting has ended for suggested locations for the 2017 National ABC Ameraucana show. Thank you for those that voted. If you look at the voting post you will see there were 7 voters. Results were 5 for Hutchinson MN, and 1 each for IL-MO show(IL) and Red Hill show (IL).
Gordon Gilliam

Paul

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2016, 09:15:32 AM »
  The ABC national meet location rotates clockwise through the districts.  The SC district held it in 2015 at Fayetteville, Arkansas.  The Western district is holding it at Caldwell, ID.  Nov. 5 & 6, 2016.  The NC district has if for 2017.  The NE district has it for 2018.  The SE district has if for 2019.  Occasionally an exception is made with the board's approval, like the joint APA and ABA national that Bill Wulff hosted in Indianapolis in 2012.  There is a possibility that some deviation may have to occur to get the self blue, splash and splash wheaten shows large enough at the qualifying meets, which will need to be APA nationals.  This will be discussed at the national meeting in Caldwell.  Remember entry deadline is Saturday!
Paul Smith

jwoodhaven

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2016, 08:23:23 PM »
from the votes it looks like we are going to have the 2017 nationals in MN. Thanks to the people that took the time to vote.