Author Topic: Standard Description  (Read 4431 times)

Standard Description
« on: June 09, 2006, 10:26:24 AM »
As a new member, I have asked several question about the Ameraucana Standard. Well, I invested in an APA Standards, and luckily Jeffery\'s book on genetics too as understanding all of the \"faults\" you may see in feather color, like white undercolor on a wheaton rooster, is not explained. However, it would be so very helpfull to new members to have our Standard directly quoted on this site. Anyone have the time please?

Mike Gilbert

Standard Description
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2006, 09:03:53 PM »
OzarkRose, if you mean we should post the Ameraucana standard verbatim on the website - we can\'t.   The A.B.A. and the A.P.A. hold the copyrights, and they do like to sell the standard.   Anyone who is getting serious about raising Ameraucanas can ask specific questions and we will try to answer here.   If that is not sufficient, it\'s time to break down and purchase a copy of the standard.

Standard Description
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2006, 10:37:36 AM »
Yeah, it would be nice to have the standard online.  But, I have to agree with Mike, copyright laws protect us all by making it so anyone can\'t publish or reproduce someone elses material whether it is a photo, a movie, a book, or other material without permission.

John

Standard Description
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2006, 09:42:47 AM »
There are other sites with APA standards listed, so I have requested that the ABC be able to include the APA Ameraucana Standards on our website.  The answer was yes.   ;) We can put the Standards on or ABC website, with proper credit to the APA.  As soon as we receive the authorization letter from the APA we will get it done.
I would like to get the webpages ready to put up on the website, but would like some help.  If you have and APA Standard and can type you can help.  Please email me if you are willing to type all or part of the Ameraucana Standards for me to develop into pages I can add to our website.
Help?    

Jean

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pipsandpeeps.com
Standard Description
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2006, 10:20:13 AM »
John, I am typing it right now.

Jean
Jean

John

Standard Description
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2006, 10:45:01 AM »
Wow!  Thanks.
About a year ago I asked for help with typing and Kathy and Laura, a couple club members, helped out.
It is great to have members volunteer their time and talent when needed.

Blue Egg Acres

Standard Description
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2006, 11:13:20 AM »
Well, I was gonna offer, but looks like I\'m too late. Thanks Jean!

John

Standard Description
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2006, 11:18:56 AM »
You can always split the work up.  There are descriptions for LF and bantams besides the variety descriptions.  
 :D

Jean

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pipsandpeeps.com
Standard Description
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2006, 11:56:04 AM »
I am doing the LF section right now.  I am on the brown/red.

However, I do have a question......

On the brown reds, the female standard indicates lemon plumage....   am I missing something?

Can I call someone?

Jean
Jean

John

Standard Description
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2006, 12:44:49 PM »
am I missing something?

My Standard reads the same.  Go ahead and copy it word for word.  Either I or another club member will proof it.
Thanks,

Blue Egg Acres

Standard Description
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2006, 01:38:34 PM »
Quote from: jean
I am doing the LF section right now.  I am on the brown/red.

On the brown reds, the female standard indicates lemon plumage....

Jean

Jean, the 1998 Standard reads:
Plumage: Color same as Brown Red Modern Game, page 171

John

Standard Description
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2006, 03:00:26 PM »
I may have part of the cart before the horse - but hope not.
It sounds like we will be able to post the Standard \"breed\" descriptions, but maybe not the \"variety\" descriptions.
Just as the ABC makes a lot of information FREE via our website and forum, so does the APA.  The problem is no club can exist if there are no benefits to being a member or there is no other source of revenue.  As Mike stated the APA wants to sell Standards.  It is a big part of their revenue.
We will do what we can, but as always only once we get the official OK.
Some websites may have reproduced portions of the Standards posted without permission.

John

Standard Description
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2007, 06:31:05 PM »
I have finally added a page to our website with some of the APA Standard information that pertains to Ameraucanas.
After several months we have some guidelines that allow \"excerpts for educational purposes\".
Hopefully the other websites that have reproduced some breed descriptions verbatim will follow the guidelines as the APA further develop them and enforce them.
We went thru the proper channels.