Author Topic: Points Updated  (Read 5797 times)

Susan Mouw

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
    • Sand Castles Farm
Points Updated
« on: March 10, 2016, 07:54:18 PM »
 The updated Point Reports can be viewed or downloaded here:

points.html
« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 12:31:42 PM by Susan Mouw »
Susan Mouw
Sand Castles Farm
http://www.sandcastlesfarm.com

Don

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
Re: Points Updated
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2016, 08:10:23 AM »
Thanks Susan for all of the hard work.  It looks like we have some new names making progress on the points list.  Congrats to all of those folks that are getting the AMs out to the shows and letting others see the Breed in all colors.  Get all of those new varieties out this year so we can interest others in these too.
Don Cash
Matthew 4:9

Temple DaSilva

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2016, 03:54:10 PM »
Hi Susan,

Could you clarify whether the points schedule includes those birds entered in the project/non-approved colors as well?  For example, if there were three blacks, two silvers, a buff, and four self blue/lavenders, would that count as ten Ameraucanas entered or five?

Thanks,
-Temple in CT

Susan Mouw

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
    • Sand Castles Farm
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2016, 04:36:32 PM »
Hi Susan,

Could you clarify whether the points schedule includes those birds entered in the project/non-approved colors as well?  For example, if there were three blacks, two silvers, a buff, and four self blue/lavenders, would that count as ten Ameraucanas entered or five?

Thanks,
-Temple in CT

At that show, the person who won (Best of Variety) the black class would get 3 points, the silver class two points, the buff class 1 point, the self-blue class 4. The winner of the Reserve Best of Variety in each class would get the same points minus one: blacks - 2, silver - 1, buff - no RV, self-blue - 3.

The person winning Best of Breed would get the points from the other classes added on to his points.  For example, the Black BV takes Best of Breed. He already has 3 points, so we add the silver +2, buff +1, and self-blue +4 = 10 points. 

The Reserve Best of Breed gets the same points, minus 1.
Susan Mouw
Sand Castles Farm

Ernie Haire

• ABC Members
  • Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2016, 07:44:52 PM »
Thanks Susan for all of your hard work. I know that keeping up with all of this paperwork is a challenge. We are blessed to have someone who works as hard as you in our club. We appreciate all that you do.

Thanks Again,
Ernie Haire
Poultry 2XL
Arp, Texas

Temple DaSilva

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2016, 10:26:07 AM »
Thanks very much for clarifying this, Susan.  I think it's great that the non-recognized (or not yet recognized) varieties do count.

Ernie Haire

• ABC Members
  • Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2016, 10:47:18 AM »
I know that everyone who is going is getting ready for the Nationals. I am trying to set up our show schedule for this season and have a qustion. Have the Exhibitor Points been updated lately? We are still missing points for a couple of shows. I am not sure if the show officials failed to send them in or if they just haven't been posted. If they just haven't been posted, no problem. I would like to know if the show dropped the ball before I consider showing there again for Meets.

Thanks,
Ernie Haire

Susan Mouw

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
    • Sand Castles Farm
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2016, 12:38:46 PM »
Hi Ernie :)

I actually just put a new thread in the Members only area about this. 

I am running seriously behind with Meet Reports, which obviously has an impact on points.  Temple DaSilva, our Meet Coordinator, has been awesome in getting the overdue meet reports in and I can't thank her enough for all her work and forbearance.  She has been able to track down meet reports that I've been chasing for a very long time!  Please show her your appreciation.  The second part of that, getting the reports into the database so I can upload the finished pdf files and which automatically updates the points, is where I'm running behind and that's all on my shoulders.  I am going to look into creating an online form for meet reports, which will make things much easier...and quicker!  But that probably won't be done until I can get the current meet reports completed.

This week is going to be busy getting things together for the National Meet, but following the completion of the National, I will be concentrating all my efforts on getting the Meet reports updated in our database, and updating our meet reports.

Annual and District High Point Awards will be announced in the December newsletter.
Susan Mouw
Sand Castles Farm

Ernie Haire

• ABC Members
  • Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2016, 01:52:43 PM »
Susan,
   I appreciate all of the work that everyone in our club does. We are making our schedule for the shows that we will be attending over the next few months. There are some shows that are APA and ABA Sanctioned Shows or Club Meets that are really slow to get their paperwork mailed in.

Thanks Again,
Ernie

Susan Mouw

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
    • Sand Castles Farm
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2016, 02:29:26 PM »
Ernie

Temple does a great job with following up with the Show Secretarys, so we really don't have an issue any more with  not getting meet reports.

If you're getting the turn out at those shows, I'd go ahead and plan on them.  :)
Susan Mouw
Sand Castles Farm

Temple DaSilva

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2016, 07:12:21 PM »
We are still missing points for a couple of shows. I am not sure if the show officials failed to send them in or if they just haven't been posted. If they just haven't been posted, no problem. I would like to know if the show dropped the ball before I consider showing there again for Meets.

Hey Ernie,

Feel free to send me a listing of the shows you attended and I can check my spreadsheet to see which, if any, have been remiss in submitting their meet reports. 

I totally understand that there is a lot on a show secretary to button up after a show - not to mention before a show - so Susan and I have talked about how we can ask our members in attendance to help with the reports.  Copies of the reports are available here on the ABC website.  We have helped members file reports using photos of coop tags with placements.  I think as long as we can verify the results, we are happy to work with you and/or the host club's show secretary to get the reports in quickly and the points tallied.

And, thanks, Susan, for showing all the love on me helping you out.  I don't know how you did it all!  This meets thing is a job in and of itself and you still have the lion's share of it!  But I'm happy to help.  It's a great way to get to know other club members, even if it's just online for now.

Best,
-temple a/k/a the new-ish ABC Meet Coordinator... almost!
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 07:14:22 PM by Temple DaSilva »

Ernie Haire

• ABC Members
  • Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2016, 07:48:35 PM »
Thanks Susan and Temple for all of your hard work. I know that keeping up with all of these Show Reports is time consuming. Not to mention the time that you have both spent chasing some of them down for our members. I realize that some shows don't send their paperwork in and it is not your jobs to track them down. It is nice of you to go above and beyond for our members.

Be Blessed,
Ernie Haire

Susan Mouw

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
    • Sand Castles Farm
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2016, 08:02:30 PM »
I have a few more meet reports to get caught up on and then I'll update the points reports. :)

You can see all past meet reports at http://www.ameraucanabreedersclub.org/meet%20report.html

You can also get to this link by going to ABC Meets from the website, then click on Meet Report Library.

Temple and I have also chatted back and forth about making the meet reports an online feature, so show secretarys or Temple, can input the meet reports online.  I'm researching the best way to do that, and will be working on it after I get caught up on the existing reports and points.
Susan Mouw
Sand Castles Farm