Author Topic: Cape Fear Poultry Show, 12/10/16, Smithfield, NC - Alert!  (Read 4812 times)

Susan Mouw

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
    • Sand Castles Farm
Cape Fear Poultry Show, 12/10/16, Smithfield, NC - Alert!
« on: December 05, 2016, 08:35:34 AM »
If you are planning on attending this show, please be aware that this is not an ABC sanctioned meet and no points will be awarded.

I just saw the catalog, and it is published in the catalog that it is an Ameraucana Breeders Club meet, but no meet was requested or placed at this show, so please be aware of that when making your entries.

If you are unsure of whether a meet published in a catalog is correct or not, please check with me or Temple DaSilva at meets@ameraucanabreedersclub.org, or check the meets listing on the website at ameraucanabreedersclub.org/meets.html.

I don't know why we have had a number of show secretarys that have published meets in their catalogs that were neither requested or placed this year.  We love to place meets and award the points to the winners, but we cannot do it after the fact.  Meets must be requested by a member, and placed by the District Director, then published on our website at least 30 days in advance of entries closing.
Susan Mouw
Sand Castles Farm
http://www.sandcastlesfarm.com

Susan Mouw

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
    • Sand Castles Farm
Re: Cape Fear Poultry Show, 12/10/16, Smithfield, NC - Alert!
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2017, 09:46:25 AM »
While this was not an ABC sanctioned meet, I have published the Meet Report.  Please note, however, that no points are awarded for wins at this show, as it was not placed as a meet by the ABC, but it was published in their show catalog by their show secretary.

The meet report can be seen here: 12-10-16 Cape Fear Smithfield NC
Susan Mouw
Sand Castles Farm

Birdcrazy

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2017, 08:31:49 AM »
Congratulations to all the Ameraucana exhibitors at the Cape Fear Poultry Show. Although you did not receive points since this was not an ABC sanctioned meet, you did promote the breed. Great job Susan on your Champion and Reserve AOSB on your Blacks. Another victory for the Ameraucana breed vs other breeds of birds in the show world.
Gordon Gilliam

Susan Mouw

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
    • Sand Castles Farm
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2017, 09:59:17 AM »
Thanks Gordon!  It was a fun, but very long, day.  I rode up with some friends - I think we left Aiken, SC at 3:30AM and I didn't get back home until 9PM.  All three of us that rode up together had birds on Champion Row - which makes for a nice celebration, but also a very long day.  lol

That was my first time at Cape Fear, but I'll definitely make plans to go back this Fall.
Susan Mouw
Sand Castles Farm

Ernie Haire

• ABC Members
  • Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2017, 10:03:54 AM »
Congratulations to all of the people who exhibited Ameraucanas at the show. I am happy to see that we were represented by both Large Fowl and Bantams. The judge who judged Large Fowl is a friend of ours who breeds Marans in Florida. He knows his Standard and has always done a great job of judging poultry. He has always been one who will stand behind his picks and argue for them on Champion Row.

Be Blessed,
Ernie Haire
Poultry 2XL 

Susan Mouw

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
    • Sand Castles Farm
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2017, 10:34:43 AM »
Congratulations to all of the people who exhibited Ameraucanas at the show. I am happy to see that we were represented by both Large Fowl and Bantams. The judge who judged Large Fowl is a friend of ours who breeds Marans in Florida. He knows his Standard and has always done a great job of judging poultry. He has always been one who will stand behind his picks and argue for them on Champion Row.

Be Blessed,
Ernie Haire
Poultry 2XL

So true!  I love it whenever Rip is judging!  I asked him at the start of the show if he would be judging AOSB and he said wherever they sent him.  LOL  Then, about lunchtime, I was sitting at a table and he came by and whispered "I'm about to judge AOSB".  Of course, I had to stand a couple of aisle over and watch.
Susan Mouw
Sand Castles Farm

Susan Mouw

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
    • Sand Castles Farm
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2017, 10:40:13 AM »
There were 7 LF Ameraucanas entered at Cape Fear.  I took 3 birds - two blacks and a blue.  The other exhibitor entered the other 4, but only his black cockbird was cooped in. I would have loved to have seen the other 3, but I'm sure there was a good reason for pulling them.  I know I've had to pull birds at the last minute for one reason or another.
Susan Mouw
Sand Castles Farm

Birdcrazy

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2017, 03:29:48 PM »
  All three of us that rode up together had birds on Champion Row - which makes for a nice celebration, but also a very long day.  lol

WOW! That's what I would call a Champion Car Pool!

Gordon Gilliam