Author Topic: Chocolate Wheaten  (Read 4004 times)

Lacie Bateman

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Chocolate Wheaten
« on: December 10, 2016, 12:49:17 AM »
I'm so excited to begin my project. I'll be looking for a nice Blue Wheaten or Splash Wheaten Cockerel sometime soon, around the show in march or a little sooner if it's near Oak Harbor Seattle area. I have a Blue Wheaten girl and a Wheaten girl from Lindsay (I LOVE them definitely want more) and some F1/F2 Chocolate girls from Jean that I want to put under the boy I hope to get. I lost my Splash Wheaten Cockerel that I had planned to use when code enforcement was called on me while I was under quarantine for LT. So I will be seeking only vaccinated birds in the future or day old chicks which I will vaccinate myself.

Here are a few pics of my girls. I know I need to get a boy with good eye color, and size/type. I'm pretty stoked for this. ^_^

HarryS

• ABC Members
  • Associate
    • View Profile
Re: Chocolate Wheaten
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2016, 12:29:02 PM »
I would suggest a blue or splash wheaten male if you are interested in color phase that is more striking.
Harry Shaffer

Lacie Bateman

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Chocolate Wheaten
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2016, 12:40:47 PM »
I would suggest a blue or splash wheaten male if you are interested in color phase that is more striking.

I do like the look of those better than regular Wheaten. Thank you for your suggestion. ^_^