Author Topic: Self Blues, Recessive Whites, and Blacks  (Read 8043 times)

HarryS

• ABC Members
  • Associate
    • View Profile
Re: Self Blues, Recessive Whites, and Blacks
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2017, 09:30:05 AM »
Ravynscroft,  Thanks for the offer.  I only have one white cockerel now but not worried as long as I get some offsrpings from him I will have them next years hatch.
I really don[t remember selling any hatching eggs after 2008 because my wife wanted to sell eggs not me so much and she passed away in 2009.
What is a white-lavender?  I have lavender in different shades some are very light almost white to those pewter darkies. 
Someone must have crossed the birds with white unless there was a fluke but after 10 years never had a white hatch yet out of my stock ohterwise I would not have bought a white bird this past year.
Harry Shaffer

Jen Mitchell

Re: Self Blues, Recessive Whites, and Blacks
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2017, 08:05:39 PM »
Ravynscroft,  Thanks for the offer.  I only have one white cockerel now but not worried as long as I get some offsrpings from him I will have them next years hatch.
I really don[t remember selling any hatching eggs after 2008 because my wife wanted to sell eggs not me so much and she passed away in 2009.
What is a white-lavender?  I have lavender in different shades some are very light almost white to those pewter darkies. 
Someone must have crossed the birds with white unless there was a fluke but after 10 years never had a white hatch yet out of my stock ohterwise I would not have bought a white bird this past year.

Harry, I'm sorry for the mis-term... I meant the ones that look white but aren't if next to a white... I was *trying* to be clear that I had hatched both from the pairing... sometimes I can't quite get down into type what I mean, and I apologize for that... and I am sorry to hear of your wife's passing...

I originally had not wanted white either, but these happened and my fiance loves them... so I guess we will see how it goes...

I know you haven't really sold in a very long time, I just did a lot of digging and do think he came from you and wanted credit given where it's due... maybe this isn't the best or easiest way to go with these, but I happen to like that lighter look as well and want to see what comes of this... if you're willing, I would like to talk more with you, maybe through email?

Thank you very much for responding, Harry, it is appreciated...