Author Topic: Blurbonnet Classic  (Read 2767 times)

Peggy Taylor

• ABC Members
    • View Profile
Blurbonnet Classic
« on: January 03, 2017, 08:40:24 PM »
The Bluebonnet Classic show in College Station is this Saturday...Jan 7th.   This is one of my favorite shows in Texas along with Ft Worth which is coming up the following week end of Jan 14th. Its such a good group that puts it on. Its the only show that doesn't require me to drive 4 to 5 hours one way ! These two shows back to back make for a busy two weeks but they are a lot of fun to do and I do enjoy them.

I only entered Ameraucana Bantams this time.....43 of them....Wheaten,  Blue Wheaten, Buff, Silver and Splash Wheaten.  I forgot the Self Blue when I mailed my entries so they get to stay at home. I did enter three trios of Large Fowl in addition to the bantams for Ft Worth. Everybody looks pretty good right now...just hope they all stay that way !!

It is supposed to get pretty cold this weekend even with sunshine forecast. The facility is a good one but it can still get rather cool in there on occasion so I am making sure my big coat is in the truck.  Looking forward to seeing everyone. Safe travels for everyone.

Peggy

Don

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
Re: Blurbonnet Classic
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2017, 07:53:31 AM »
That's quite an entry you have there Peggy even without the Blue Wheatens.  If you and Ernie keep that up you might have more bantams than LF at the shows one day.   I hope you and the birds all stay warm at the show.  I hope everyone Has a good show and Good Luck!     
Don Cash
Matthew 4:9

DeWayne Edgin

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2017, 06:54:30 PM »
I didn't realize it got cold in Texas. It's going to be a high of 23° here this weekend! Have fun and good luck to ya Peggy!

Ernie Haire

• ABC Members
  • Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2017, 07:26:03 PM »
We entered several LF Ameraucanas and several Ameraucana Bantams. Due to the weather forecast, there is no telling what we will end up taking to The Bluebonnet. I hope to take everything that we entered, but who knows?

Safe Travels,
Ernie Haire
Poultry 2XL
Arp, Texas