Author Topic: Shipping Problems & FOR SALE  (Read 2670 times)

Shipping Problems & FOR SALE
« on: June 17, 2006, 11:49:20 AM »
My Post Master called me last week to let me know of the shipping changes that will be happening on July 1. I know that I will not be the only one this will be affecting so I wanted to share this with you. I also called the Manager of the Salt Lake City Airport Mail Center to confirm this, and this is what I was told.

Delta (and another airline, I can remember if it was United or Cont.) choose NOT too renew they\'re contract with the USPS to carry ANY mail for them. The new carrier they are negoitating with does NOT carry live animals/birds. So what I was told, is since those were the only airlines in this area (and others) that carry lives, when the contract ends July 1, that 80% of the places I could ship to I will no longer be able to ship to. The remaining 20% is places that are close enough to go by truck. This will basically put me out of business. I am worried that it will do the same for others, and how this will affect our hobby.

I plan to sell a lot of my birds in the next two weeks, keeping only the ones I plan to show, or have for pets. I will keep both my bantam wheatons and my buff large fowl Ameraucana\'s.

I do have a lot for sale if anyone is interested:
Blk Dutch Bantam Pullet
Frizzle Polish
Bantam Buckeyes
Bantam Malay Pullet
Crevecour Pullets
Muscovy Ducklings
Bantam Splash Wyandottes
Bantam BLR Wyandottes
Bantam BL Buff Wyandottes
Bantam Cochins

If anyone is interested I am willing to make a good deal. These would need to be paid for and shipped before the 30th. You can email me at sales@cachevalleypoultry.com

Thanks!

Blue Egg Acres

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2006, 01:31:01 PM »
So the situation is getting worse rather than better.

John

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2006, 01:53:38 PM »
We need your help, and the help of your friends, to make this proposal - law. For your convenience we have set up a webpage We need your help. Write your Senator today. where you can print a custom letter to be Mailed or Faxed to each of your Senators. If you feel strongly about your right to receive birds through the mail, or your business or hobby would endure severe hardships if you could not receive birds, please take the time to submit your letter. All of us in the bird shipping business greatly appreciate your help in this most important issue.

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2006, 11:55:11 PM »
I wish bird shippers would update they\'re website. That is where I always go first for info. But no updates since March  :thinking: