Author Topic: 2017 Ameraucana Breeders Club Handbook  (Read 15107 times)

Susan Mouw

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
    • Sand Castles Farm
Re: 2017 Ameraucana Breeders Club Handbook
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2017, 07:42:03 PM »
Susan, do you need our approval on your ad? LOL

Probably not a bad idea. I've spelled geese gees, put a & where a @ should go, had Paul selling chicks from May to September, instead of the other way around... Lol I'm sure there are others that I'm forgetting.

And we don't need to say anything about me modifying your post, instead of quoting it....;)
Susan Mouw
Sand Castles Farm
http://www.sandcastlesfarm.com

Susan Mouw

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
    • Sand Castles Farm
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2017, 08:41:22 AM »
Here is the list of articles that will be included in the new Handbook.  If anyone has any suggestions, ideas, for something else, please let me know quickly.  I'm putting the final version together this weekend to submit to the Board for approval, then it will be going to the printers.

• History Highlights of the ABC
  • ABC Forum - A Hidden Treasure
  • Clif Redden profile
  • Breeding Blues and Blue Wheatens by Paul Smith - includes a full page diagram of breeding blue/black/splash and wheaten/blue wheaten/splash wheaten
  • Paul Smith profile
  • The Art of Cage Training by Patti Pickard
  • Don Cash profile
  • Grooming Tips and Show Prep by Jean Ribbeck
  • Jean Ribbeck profile
  • The Standard
  • Self-Blue by Paul Smith  - includes a full page diagram of breeding self blue
  • Proposed Self-Blue Standard
  • Splash Wheaten by Sarah Meaders
  • Gordon Gilliam profile
  • Master Exhibitors - list of current Master Exhibitors
  • Larry Clionsky profile
  • Ameraucana vs EE by Susan Mouw
  • Susan Mouw profile
  • Constitution/By laws
  • List of Past Board members
  • Current District Map
  • National Meets rotation
  • Past/upcoming National meets locations
  • ABC Membership - benefits, how to join, etc.
Susan Mouw
Sand Castles Farm

Susan Mouw

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
    • Sand Castles Farm
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2017, 10:18:35 PM »
The first version of the 2017 ABC Handbook has gone to the Board for review, minus ads, title page, and table of contents.  I will be working on those while the rest of the Board is reviewing the articles, as they are laid out now.

I'm hoping we can get this to the printers this week!

If you have placed an ad and not yet paid for it, I will be sending out invoices via Paypal this week.  If you would prefer a QuickBooks invoice via email, let me know.

Thank you, everyone, that has made this Handbook a possibility.  We're almost to the finish line.
Susan Mouw
Sand Castles Farm

Susan Mouw

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
    • Sand Castles Farm
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2017, 07:31:08 AM »
The 2017 Ameraucana Breeders Club Handbook has been reviewed, all corrections made, and is now in the hands of the publishers.

It is the biggest Handbook the ABC has had at 64 pages, with just over 10 pages of ads and the rest of it articles, graphics, and historical information. I think it's our best Handbook yet!

The cover will be a beautiful graphic, finished with a glossy finish and the Handbook is published like a paperbook - no staples!

Thank you to everyone that contributed your time, money, effort, and support in getting this to finish line.

All advertisers will get a free copy, when they are back from the publishers, and all new members who have been waiting for their New Member packets will get one, as well.  They will be offered in our store for sale, for everyone else that would like a copy.  A final price has not yet been set by the Board, but will be once we have a finished copy and can determine the postage requirements.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 07:22:22 PM by Susan Mouw »
Susan Mouw
Sand Castles Farm