The Official Forum of the Ameraucana Breeders Club > News and Information

Tennessee Dept of Ag confirms case of AI

(1/7) > >>

Susan Mouw:
Reported this morning (Sunday), the Tennessee Dept of Ag has confirmed a case of high-path AI in a commercial flock in Tennessee.

I'll post more links/info here, as more is revealed.

http://www.knoxnews.com/story/news/local/tennessee/2017/03/05/avian-flu-detected-lincoln-county-chickens/98778246/

Birdcrazy:
I was just reading a couple of articles this evening on the outbreak of AI in TN. I sure hope this does not develop into the fiasco we had in 2015. Thanks Susan for the info and I will be waiting for further info on the subject. Hopefully new news will be good news.

Jen Mitchell:
That is just south of us... way too close for comfort... :(

Birdcrazy:

--- Quote from: Ravynscroft on March 06, 2017, 10:53:40 PM ---That is just south of us... way too close for comfort... :(

--- End quote ---

Keep out of the 6 mile radius! It is sure funny as in 2015, the problem seems to arise in the big commercial flocks. We back yard breeders feel the brunt with quarantines, cancelation of shows, restricted sale of birds at swap meets etc. >:(

Don:
Beware the State Ag Enforcers as best you can.  Gordon is right, they have no regard to the hobby flock owner.  The commercial farmer is reimbursed for their flocks.  I am not saying that they get paid for all of their costs.  I am sure that they will not be allowed to keep poultry on their farm for some time frame. But at least they are not left empty handed like we would be if they came looking to depopulate our flock. 

I wonder if this is going to change Knoxsville's Testing Regs for their show?

Found this just a bit ago,  Tenn Valley Poultry Club   ABA National 2018?
  A note from the President:
Hello folks .. we have had a AI scare as you all have seen . I have received a lot of calls . Just wanting to let you know both shows are still on as planned and the club is moving on and is just fine . We hope to see all of you in April and in December for the ABA national . If you have any questions or need to schedule a meet please contact me . Thank You and have a great day.
Eddie "cotton" Dunlap

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version