Author Topic: NO ABC meet at the Winston-Salem, NC show this spring  (Read 2721 times)

Don

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
NO ABC meet at the Winston-Salem, NC show this spring
« on: March 06, 2017, 11:01:22 AM »
I noticed that an ABC meet was accidently listed in the show bulletin.  I have contacted Mark East and asked him to notify any exhibitors that this show was NOT awarded a meet for the spring.  There were too many other shows in the surrounding states and not enough breeders.  It seems that some folks already have their birds in the breeding pens at this time.  Imagine that.     Start Planning for the fall shows now.     Thanks!   

Don Cash
Matthew 4:9

Susan Mouw

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
    • Sand Castles Farm
Re: NO ABC meet at the Winston-Salem, NC show this spring
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2017, 01:15:29 PM »
Cape Fear has cancelled their show - I don't know if it related to the AI in TN or some other reasons...
Susan Mouw
Sand Castles Farm
http://www.sandcastlesfarm.com

Don

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2017, 01:31:46 PM »
Wow, and that was supposed to be this weekend right?   A lot of shows canceling really close to the date recently, in the past year or so.  I can't imagine that it is a reaction to the TN AG finding this weekend.   Let me know what you find about this show and possibly the one in the fall.     Thanks!     drc 
Don Cash
Matthew 4:9

Susan Mouw

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
    • Sand Castles Farm
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2017, 09:14:17 PM »
I don't know what happened with Cape Fear, but I know the issue with PeeDee was manpower - pure and simple.  Just can't find the volunteers to help set up and tear down.  The Edgefield show was my first experience with that and it is a job!  Mostly my job was paperwork stuff, but I helped haul a few stands and crates and it wore me out.  I don't know how some of these folks do it for bigger shows.
Susan Mouw
Sand Castles Farm
http://www.sandcastlesfarm.com