Author Topic: ABA Awards  (Read 4631 times)

Peggy Taylor

• ABC Members
    • View Profile
ABA Awards
« on: May 22, 2017, 11:04:40 AM »
I just recently received a pleasant surprise from ABA that my Blue Wheaten Bantam Cockerel that was Best of Breed at Ft Worth in January this year has earned himself two starred wins with ABA which are awarded by winning in classes of 100 or more.  (Just 18 more starred wins to go for Master Breeder :) .. right !)  Those 20 have to be won over a period of NOT LESS than 5 years.....probably not gonna happen with me !  So I am just going to continue to enjoy ABC and anything else that comes along will be a nice surprise......

Susan Mouw

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
    • Sand Castles Farm
Re: ABA Awards
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2017, 08:41:00 PM »
Congratulations, Peggy!  I don't breed bantams, but I hear my "bantam" friends talk about starred wins and what an achievement it is.
Susan Mouw
Sand Castles Farm
http://www.sandcastlesfarm.com

Peggy Taylor

• ABC Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2017, 11:03:06 PM »
I really never had not thought about the ABA part of things even tho I have been an ABA member for a few years. I was having too much fun with the ABC part !  I was surprised to open their letter and see they had awarded him the starred wins.  After reading that, out of curiosity, I got to looking  back at my shows where I had hens be Best of Breed and realized a couple of them had missed those ABA 100 entry classes by just 3 to 5 birds. Oh well....its nice but we will just keep moving along with ABC , having fun and see what the show season this year provides....

Don

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2017, 05:46:37 PM »
Congratulations Peggy and thanks for promoting the Bantams so well.  I know points aren't what you are after and the presence of the Bantams at the shows has increased the awareness of the breed in your area.  Good Luck and enjoy the journey.   
Don Cash
Matthew 4:9

Paul

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2017, 09:46:59 AM »
Congratulations!
Paul Smith

Birdcrazy

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2017, 06:50:06 AM »
Congratulations Peggy on the show results of your Ameraucana birds. Just another example of our members promoting the breed and our club. Thank you!
Gordon Gilliam