Author Topic: I enjoyed visiting with Susan Mouw today (Sand Castle Farms).  (Read 3966 times)

Lindsay Helton

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
This morning I hopped in the car at dark thirty to drive 880 miles round trip to Aiken, South Carolina. I enjoyed spending a few hours visiting with Susan, our ABC secretary/treasurer. I feel blessed to have the opportunity to work with her line of wheatens and blue wheatens (Sand Castle Farms), but I feel more blessed to call her my friend. I am sad that you will no longer be working with the wheatens and blue wheatens Susan. Your blacks, blues, and splashes are looking great! I look forward to seeing them at shows in the Fall. I'm headed back to Tn with two dozen birds in the back of my SUV.  I guess I am officially the crazy chicken lady! Prayers for safe travels back home are appreciated!
« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 04:17:14 PM by Lindsay Helton »
Joshua 24:15

Birdcrazy

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
Re: I enjoyed visiting with Susan Mouw today (Sand Castle Farms).
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2017, 08:16:11 PM »
I guess I am officially the crazy chicken lady!

I think there are a lot of us crazy chicken people out there traveling up and down the highways. I guess that is ok as long as you have sane chickens!
Gordon Gilliam

Susan Mouw

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
    • Sand Castles Farm
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2017, 08:32:59 PM »
I guess I am officially the crazy chicken lady!

I think there are a lot of us crazy chicken people out there traveling up and down the highways. I guess that is ok as long as you have sane chickens!

LOL!  Well, there was one blue wheaten cockerel we were kinda wondering about...

Lindsay - I so enjoyed your and Billy's visit today!  Even with all that good ol' SC heat and humidity!  And I love...love! the coffee mug and sign.  That sign is going to be so perfect for my "Dad's wall".

I can't wait to see what you do with alllllll those chickens.  LOL  And I want to see pics of Billy's conditioning pens when he gets them built. :)
Susan Mouw
Sand Castles Farm
http://www.sandcastlesfarm.com

Lindsay Helton

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2017, 08:27:03 PM »
I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only crazy chicken person out there. Lol

We really enjoyed our visit Susan. I'm glad you liked the coffee mug and sign. We really appreciated your hospitality and I look forward to seeing you at shows in the Fall. I started sorting through the birds today and they are beautiful.
Joshua 24:15